Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boehm Stirling

Options
  • 22-06-2007 11:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭

Anyone got one of these? I found them by pure chance and i just have to get one! I'd love to start collecting them. Link below for those who aren't familar.

http://www.stirling-technik.de/htmlpages/home_engl.htm (google for videos of them in motion)

They're beautifull little machines.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

Don't have one. Saw them in action all right though, and they are fascinating mechanical objects.
    The have similar attraction model steam engines have.
    What decided me against was that though interesting, they basically remain a working static model, and sooner or later I prefer the thing to get up and go somewhere !

Have you taken the plunge?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭ShowUsYourXbox

Haven't just yet, was deciding which model. I don't really have any interest in trains, more just the engine and the workings. I understand where you're coming from though.

Any links for some moving engines i could interested in?

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭syl77

Pretty cool alright, but a little pricey for what they are... The quality those look top notch which probably explains price but like coolwings id would need it to starting moving or else i would get board of it...

Advertisement