Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What will i do with my ssia?

Options
  • 22-06-2007 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Whats the best earner for an ssia? It matured a few months ago and i don't have a clue what to do. I want something secure but is still a good investment or interest earner. My ssia is €20,000. Any help would be great thanks. :confused:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

well i'm short a few bob at the mo....so give it to me if you like...and i'll pay u back in three years...with interest

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

How about you offer some constructive advice on your next visit here...

robvam

If you want to Invest, you have to decide on what your attitude to risk is and over what time scale you want to invest for. Will you be investing for income of growth? What other assets have you got? Are you comfortable with equities, property, bonds, commodities? When you find the answer to these questions then you should be able to formulate some sort of strategy, going forward.

If you are uncomfortable with alll of the above and it may cause you sleepless nights, then there are some very good offers available from on-line banks at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 rebelcork

Put my ssia in an Irish Nationwide 21 day saver account, interest is 4.75% plus whe I N is sold later this year there may be a dividend for account holders.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

robvam wrote:
    Whats the best earner for an ssia? It matured a few months ago and i don't have a clue what to do. I want something secure but is still a good investment or interest earner. My ssia is €20,000. Any help would be great thanks. :confused:

well I know a nice man from Nigeria that can turn it into TWEENTY MILLION EURO POUNDS IN 6 (SIX) motths.....:p

but to be serious...how long do you plan on investing ? what sort of notice will you want it in ?

Do you own your own house ? have a car loan ? have a mortgage ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement