Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

MSL Dublin Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I rang alan andrews (msl md) last week to discuss the problems i had with them and he has read this thread and is aware of the problems - he said they have made improvements and will continue to do so.....

Standard response - if he believes what he is saying then he has his head in the sand. If not then he hasn't a clue. I tend to believe the former.

I've been hearing that sort of response for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

crosstownk wrote:
    Standard response - if he believes what he is saying then he has his head in the sand. If not then he hasn't a clue. I tend to believe the former.

I'm afraid I'd also have to agree with Crosstownk. If Mr. Andrews was serious about his business he would be currently setting up his own investigation into the level of service and starting a customer service quality program to figure out himself what was wrong. Specific instances with specific people only address that one matter. It seems from the posts there is a whole cultural problem within MSL that cannot be addressed by a single incident of responses on boards. There need to be a complete review of the service levels.

Now, do you really think that will happen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Tommy M

Yes I have had my cars Serviced in MSL Dublin and never had a problem.

I have only ever owned VW cars and for the past 3 Years I used MSL Servce Centre to have them serviced..

My Cars have always been fully Serviced there and I have never had to return with a problem, which is always a good sign..

I always leave the car in first thing in the morning, I have a chat with the Service Guy and advise him of any issues I have with the car.

I then have a coffee whilst I wait for their Driver , to bring me to the Dart Station.
    There Driver also picks me up that evening from the Station to collect my car..

My car has always been Good & ready to go....

Sorry I cant Fault Them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

Turners Cross Motors are as bad if not worse than any of the other MSL branches. My brother had a golf with noisy brakes from 3 weeks old and they screwed him around so much he eventually gave up and traded it for a Lexus from Kearys. At one stage in the long running saga he dropped the golf in to have new pads fitted and when he went to collect it they told him they had been sent the wrong pads from Dublin. This from a vw main dealer. The difference in the level of service has to be seen to be believed. I've personally seen the results of there supposed servicing and i cant understand how they are still getting away with it! I see Tommy_M went to the trouble to sign up to leave good feedback for MSL. How nice !!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Tommy M wrote:
    I then have a coffee whilst I wait for their Driver , to bring me to the Dart Station.
    Sounds like an advertisement. Which part of MSL do you work in; parts or service? Obviously not sales or marketing, subtlety is not a skill you possess.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

My mother had her mazda 6 serviced a few days ago, to be fair they did an excellent job at ripping her off, it only cost e914. They called to say the two front tyres needed to be replaced, it's amazing the amount of damage 18,000 local miles can do to to tyres in two and a half years, so thats e350 of the bill accounted for, they even charged e3 for water for the windscreen washer ffs, and e22 to staple down a bit of carpet that had been coming up since the car was a couple of weeks old, and failed to fix it when this was pointed out to them when the car was new and at previous services.

When she rang to book the service last week the first thing they asked for was her credit card number before they would even discuss servicing the car, and the original quotation was e450.

If msl weren't such greedy c*nts my folks may well have bought a new car there in a couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭MarkN

Ya gotta love people with ONE post who come on praising a company :D

MSL Pottery Rd is one of the worst things about owning a VAG car in this country and a member of staff coming on here to sing their praises is not going to change our opinion of the place.

Nephew wrote:
    If msl weren't such greedy c*nts my folks may well have bought a new car there in a couple of months.
    It's a pity, because the sales staff can't be faulted by and large.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭redman

Tommy M wrote:

I have only ever owned VW cars and for the past 3 Years I used MSL Servce Centre to have them serviced..

My Cars have always been fully Serviced there and I have never had to return with a problem, which is always a good sign..

I always leave the car in first thing in the morning, I have a chat with the Service Guy and advise him of any issues I have with the car.

Sorry I cant Fault Them!

This really is hilarious!! :D:D:D

Tommy M wrote:

Sorry I cant Fault Them!

Suspect.........very suspect. I hope MSL pay you very well for this sort of post :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭pickledfish

Interesting thread.

My own bad experience mirrors those already posted.

Audi serviced in Belgard and Annesley previously. Wasn't happy with quality of work done or the cost.

Have given up all interest in getting service done by main dealer. I'd be grateful if anybody recommend a good garage in west Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭TomMc

Anyone know if Bradys in Castleknock (VAG, Merc etc.), might be OK or not for OP.

I have used HB Dennis Airside (Subaru) & Westbrook Motors City Centre (Mitsubishi) and never had a problem with either of them. Actually they surprised me, pleasant experiences.

Went to Belgard once myself, never again.

Brady's are not too bad. Average.

Personally, I'd never leave a car into HB Disneyland. Maybe they are better now, but way back when they were on Clanbrassil St., they were useless.

It's been a long time since I was at Westbrook, but they were always good to deal with.

I've only ever had good experiences with 2 VW dealers - one was in Germany about 1km from the VW factory in Wolfsburg - the other is Newcastle West Autos in Limerick, I can't (on VW level) say enough good things about them. What they have or do that other VW dealers don't (especially MSL), I have no idea - but they are good.

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭daedalus2097

stratos wrote:
    Pretty amazing thread wow how bad can service get. I tend to buy old barges fix what i can myself or use the guy down the road, can do a punto head gasket for 150 euros if You drop in your car is in the garden on 4 beer barrels. I don't think he has a coffee machine.

Hehe, head gaskets on Puntos are almost consumable parts like an air filter ;) I'd be of the same idea myself, fortunately I know enough machanics personally that if there's a problem I can't fix, I still never have to go near any dealerships. I've heard enough stories from friends and colleagues about MSL not to go near them for anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭trant

I use Sheehy's in Naas myself, find them great. Have had very bad experiences with Belgard in the past, found they were overly concerned with their corporate/fleet customers with hundreds of cars and didn't give a damn about Joe Bloggs with their A4/Passat.

trant wrote:
    Have had very bad experiences with Belgard in the past, found they were overly concerned with their corporate/fleet customers with hundreds of cars and didn't give a damn about Joe Bloggs with their A4/Passat.

That's an interesting comment. I am one of those fleet customers with hundreds of VWs & Audis on fleet and I use Belgard. I find them hopeless. I imagine they don't give a damn about anybody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Just had an experience with 2 VW garages in the last two weeks in Dublin. Annesley Parts Dept need to send their guys on a telephone courtesy course. No manners what so ever shown to me over the phone.
    The other experience will be posted here at the end of next week when I get my warranty job completed. Its the only time you'll find me in one of their garages. I should have bought the Bimer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 Ayashii

Bradys' in Castleknock aren't much use either.

With my old TT they could not change the haldex oil (quattro system) at 40k as they "did not have the correct tool" - this is a main Audi dealer.

Latest service with GTI requires brake oil change - they could not do it as the "machine was broken". Driving home from same service in GTI they did not reset the service indicator on the dash so it was telling me it needed a service.... :mad:

Friend at work and neighbour here both having major issues with Bradys getting them to order parts. Apparently it takes up to 4 weeks for parts to be sent from Audi in Germany to Dublin (hard to believe). Both still off the road because of it.

Bradys - avoid....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Littleguy

Having just come from 'The Trade' - a term I use lightly as I always considered a Trade to be something that required a skill, I won't comment on any on the previous because I would only use this to voice bitterness.

What I will advise is that if you want anything from a Renault to a Merc serviced in Dublin, then ring Courtney Motors in the North strand - 018743407.

They have been in business for decades and the service they provide shows why. This isn't a promo for them, but I believe in sharing the knowledge of good service if someone provides it, and they do - In Spades.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Ayashii wrote:
    Bradys' in Castleknock aren't much use either.

With my old TT they could not change the haldex oil (quattro system) at 40k as they "did not have the correct tool" - this is a main Audi dealer.

Latest service with GTI requires brake oil change - they could not do it as the "machine was broken". Driving home from same service in GTI they did not reset the service indicator on the dash so it was telling me it needed a service.... :mad:

Friend at work and neighbour here both having major issues with Bradys getting them to order parts. Apparently it takes up to 4 weeks for parts to be sent from Audi in Germany to Dublin (hard to believe). Both still off the road because of it.

Bradys - avoid....

...............Brady's are currently overhauling their parts department and the neither know what they have in stock or what they have ordered !

• Advertisement

MercMad wrote:
    ...............Brady's are currently overhauling their parts department and the neither know what they have in stock or what they have ordered !

Similar to any MSL parts dept............. :D

So proud of a mate of mine :D

He brought his car to Pottery Rd for a full service (despite me warning him!!), he's in a 2003 Golf TDI 150 bhp.

MSL ring him yesterday at 1pm, we've done up a quote for the work, it's €900+ so my mate says, eh no thanks, I'll pick the car up, I don't want it worked on.

4pm the phone rings, we've done the service on your car, "but I told you not to" my mate says.. I'll be over in the morning.

He arrived today, nobody from VW had turned up for work so a Merc rep comes over to him, hands him a bill for €900+ and he just shakes his head and says I'm not paying it. He gets up, walks to his car with the spare key so Mr. Merc follows him out, he opens the glovebox and shows the rep the standard VW list for a full service (which alone was over €400 btw) and then goes to the docket and says why are most things like oil filter, fuel filter etc on twice when according to VW they are all part of the full service and Mr. Merc says I don't know, I work in Merc. So my mate says, as far as I can see, you just charge everything twice, he also says, if my car was worked on from 1pm yesterday to 4pm yesterday then why is there 7 hours labour on the docket? Again, Mr Merc has no answer.

My mate says I'll give you 300 quid and not a cent more and Mr Merc says ok!! :D

Jaysus. Pikeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

MarkN wrote:
    So proud of a mate of mine :D

He brought his car to Pottery Rd for a full service (despite me warning him!!), he's in a 2003 Golf TDI 150 bhp.

MSL ring him yesterday at 1pm, we've done up a quote for the work, it's €900+ so my mate says, eh no thanks, I'll pick the car up, I don't want it worked on.

4pm the phone rings, we've done the service on your car, "but I told you not to" my mate says.. I'll be over in the morning.

He arrived today, nobody from VW had turned up for work so a Merc rep comes over to him, hands him a bill for €900+ and he just shakes his head and says I'm not paying it. He gets up, walks to his car with the spare key so Mr. Merc follows him out, he opens the glovebox and shows the rep the standard VW list for a full service (which alone was over €400 btw) and then goes to the docket and says why are most things like oil filter, fuel filter etc on twice when according to VW they are all part of the full service and Mr. Merc says I don't know, I work in Merc. So my mate says, as far as I can see, you just charge everything twice, he also says, if my car was worked on from 1pm yesterday to 4pm yesterday then why is there 7 hours labour on the docket? Again, Mr Merc has no answer.

My mate says I'll give you 300 quid and not a cent more and Mr Merc says ok!! :D

That's a good point about the spare keys. Normally they'll whip out questionable bill and if you don't agree with it you don't get your car back.

This happened to me a few times with my old car until one time i was so annoyed i asked to see my car - then just took out the spare keys and drove it away and told them to go the legal route if they wanted the money. They knew they didn't have a legal leg to stand on so they didn't persue it.

In future when collecting your car bring your spare keys, especially from these muppets

This happened to me a few times with my old car until one time i was so annoyed i asked to see my car - then just took out the spare keys and drove it away and told them to go the legal route if they wanted the money. They knew they didn't have a legal leg to stand on so they didn't persue it.

..........legally they are entitled to hoild onto a car until the bill is paid up in full. However when they carry out unauthorised work THEY haven't a leg to stand on. Basically when leaving a car in ask how much, insist on a price AND insist you are contacted before anything extra is done ! This way the LAw is alwasy on your side !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭Healyc

...........legally they are not entitled to hold onto the car. In law this is called LIEN. They can only hold onto the car when they made the car roadworthy (eg brakes faulty or non start). They cannot hold onto it if all they did was a service (did not improve the performance). Scare them with this word. It always puts the sh*ts up the service dept.

I believe a creditor, in this case a garage, has the right to impose a lien on its customer in order to secure payment for work which they were instructed to carry out !

Thats is the difference. If you TOLD them to do the work AFTER recieving the quote then you must pay before they release the car. If they did something you did not ask them to then they cannot impose this upon you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

But he clearly said he didn't want the work done - read his post.

They seem like a bunch of tossers there allright. Or maybe it's us that are the tossers who bring cars there!

I got a service done there last week, I really regret dropping my car in with them, but I was going away at the weekend and needed new pads on front, so got a service done too. I just didn't have time to do it myself and they could do it on a days notice (which TBH was good)
    So, pads, and a service (ehh 40k "service" is just oil and oil filter NOTHING else - apparently) on passat was around 600. Which was bad.
    When I picked up the car about 6 mechanics (?) were out the back, leaning on my car smoking, they were only chaps, SFA experience I'd say.

The place is an absolute farce - I wouldn't trust them to put air in my tyres.

They do have a nice hot choc machine though!!

Interesting the way the last poster was able to get a service in one day - most places are booked for weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭Tropheus

I think VAG servcing in Ireland is pretty lousy full stop. I have a 03 Audi Allroad and had nothing but problems with two dealers (one in Dublin and one in Dundalk) sourcing parts. I'd say it was more like they kept ordering the wrong parts.

The dealer in Dundalk eventuall got the parts after six weeks and then gave me an appointment for fitting them a further two months away!

I told them to stick it and booked the car into Agnew's in Belfast - it was done the following week! They did a good job and probably worked out a bit cheaper than getting it done down here.

MSL are essentially Audi/Volkswagen Ireland and their customer service is non existent.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement