Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thunderbirds over Galway

Options
  • 22-06-2007 11:39am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭

Anybody else see the two thunderbrid jets buzzing the West side of the city?
    (In advance of sunday)

some job, better than what Im doing now anyways....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭matdabomb

Yeah, BTW there was 4 flying over.

They flew for about an hour. Was some awesome looking display. Cant wait for Sunday.

Those F-16 fighter jets are amazing machines

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Check out the full team practice at 11 and 3 tomorrow gang!!!

Cool. Is it over salthill they are doing to full team practise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Pretty cool,watched the whole thing from my bedroom;)

The practice days are always better they perform for much longer plus you dont have to put up with the crowds.

Fey; Same again the tomorrow is that for for sure?????????????

As far as I know, yes.

If it isn't, then I think I'll have a LOT of egg on my face!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

Read in the paper that they'll be practicing over Salthill from 3 to 4pm today (Friday).

Didn't hear anything about Saturday

at it again now so i take it Sat is off.....oh well

Oh God!

These things woke me up at 10am! But I get a great view of em flying around from my bedroom window

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

soundbyte wrote:
    Read in the paper that they'll be practicing over Salthill from 3 to 4pm today (Friday).

Didn't hear anything about Saturday

Yeah, they came back, 4 of em this time in formation.

Lookin forward to Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Feckers. Been buzzing over the college all day, and I've been stuck down in the bowels fiddling with blinky lights.

Haven't seen the Typhoon yet, hopping on a bus to Kerry shortly.
    One of ye (Steyr?) record some footage, put it on GoogleVideo (for the quality) and post a link.

Danke.

Neeeeeeooooooowwwwwwnnnnnn bakka-bakka-bakka-bakka!
    Childhood Sound Effects - Promoting Global Death&Destruction since 1938

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭learnerplates

Feel like an Iraqi

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I'm already sick of it. Its all screech and no show over my house :(

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭soundbyte

DaBreno wrote:
    Yeah, they came back, 4 of em this time in formation.

There were six at one stage. At around 4.30 (a few minutes ago), one came back by himself, afterburner and all ... thought they weren't allowed use the afterburners anymore after the (fun) havoc they caused about 10 years ago???

That typhoon was one bad ass piece of machinery:D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Thunderbirds are GO!

And a few piccies, some good, some bad...

Enjoy.

http://uk.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/yankeedoodlepigeon/album?.dir=/40a1re2

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Can't wait until Sunday, impressive stuff.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Mother****ers, I lost 10 minutes to them in my Leaving Cert exam, just could not concentrate with all that noise, bloody acoustics in the room made them about 5 times as loud too ...

I spent from 1 to 7 in Salthill today. Was amazing, The jets practised for ages and then a helicopter's also pracised. Will be there tomorrow all day and Sunday to see em. They so cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

Feel like an Iraqi

:rolleyes: Oh for god sake........Grow up, its an Airshow if i want to see a "Warshow" il go to one of them in China, or the Paris Airshow, There is nothing happening tomorrow guys, well except for me flying in a Yak52 over Salthill Around 2pm!:D Maybe a Parachute drop by The Irish Army but no fast Jet Displays and the weather for Sunday looks set to be tops!!:D

There are 6 F16's flying the Thunderbirds display, 4 do formations while 2 do the Solo Flying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

We also have 2 F-15E Strike Eagles and 2 A10 Thunderbolts confirmed for the Show guys.

Steyr wrote:
    We also have 2 F-15E Strike Eagles and 2 A10 Thunderbolts confirmed for the Show guys.

Good stuff .Great line up this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Steyr wrote:
    and 2 A10 Thunderbolts .

omg I love those babys :D

ummmmmmmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

Was that an old american mustang flying around today?

I thought those F16's were all doing formations? I seen 6 of em in a formation yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭MenloPete

What kind of mindless morons are you guys?
    These are jet fighters intended for killing people, not toys for amusing a few thousand open-mouthed yobbos.
    Time you grew up and smelt the burning flesh!

(Nothing personal, of course!)

...Ninety Nine red balloons
    Floating in the Summer sky...

Now someone pass me my SAM and switch on the radar jammer....

It's an Air Display ff's, not a bombing mission.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭vesp

The knockers should be grateful for the blood, sweat and tears given by our friends in the west - the Americans and British - who have helped ensure our freedom and given hope to millions of our emmigrants in times gone by. These aircraft are but symbols of weapons used in the struggle against forces like Nazism and Communism.

vesp wrote:
    The knockers should be grateful for the blood, sweat and tears given by our friends in the west - the Americans and British - who have helped ensure our freedom and given hope to millions of our emmigrants in times gone by. These aircraft are but symbols of weapons used in the struggle against forces like Nazism and Communism.
    Well said, some people seem to forget that.
    we would either have been under Nazi rule, or Communist rule but for the Allies.

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

MenloPete wrote:
    What kind of mindless morons are you guys?
    These are jet fighters intended for killing people, not toys for amusing a few thousand open-mouthed yobbos.
    Time you grew up and smelt the burning flesh!

(Nothing personal, of course!)

...Ninety Nine red balloons
    Floating in the Summer sky...

Now someone pass me my SAM and switch on the radar jammer....

ah grow up would you...

it is a display of modern machinery....

walked through salthill today.. saw the whole galway against war group... hading out leaflets saying "iraqi airshow" (now that would be one air show i'd like to see... all aircraft fully loaded :D:D Bring it on :eek: :eek:

(p.s. these are only my opinions, if they offended, they did the trick :D )

• Advertisement

MenloPete; you're entitled to your opinions, and we're entitled to ours. However, addressing us as "Morons" will have you grouped with crazy-object-to-everything-woman in town.

These planes are machines. Branding them the way you do is the same as branding the guys in town driving Hummers as warmongers, as Hummers were deverloped for the military.

The pilots who fly these machines do a job, similar to that done by our own troops who have served in the Lebanon, Liberia and other similar hotspots. that they have been sent to the likes of Iraq is not their fault; it is the fault of those above them. Personally, I have no problem with the airshow, despite thinking that GW Bush is a moron who should be locked in a padded room.

The Galway anti-war movement trots out the same campaign year in year out. To me, they are now the same as the guys who stop you on Shop Street trying to sell you lines for this, that and the other; a complete pain in the posterior.

Maybe if ye weren't so "in peoples faces" and operating on a "we-know-best, and everyone-else-is-wrong" basis, more people might be listen to ye.

Unfortunately, as your post suggests to me, you are not to be reasoned with, just like the other despots around the world, Bush included.

Advertisement