Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thunderbirds over Galway

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

I think the anti air display protesters are the morons, almost everybody there tomorrow will be anti war, me included, but i am going with my kids for a display of machinery and like every other year, we will enjoy it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭Steyr

MenloPete wrote:
    What kind of mindless morons are you guys?
    These are jet fighters intended for killing people, not toys for amusing a few thousand open-mouthed yobbos.
    Time you grew up and smelt the burning flesh!

(Nothing personal, of course!)

...Ninety Nine red balloons
    Floating in the Summer sky...

Ha ha your priceless, did you protest at the Argentinian Sail Training Naval Vessel ARA Libertad? Or even the 2 French Naval ships or even the Irish Naval ship L.E. Roisin No you didnt but as always you blow everything out of proportion, if i want to see a "war show" i will go to the actual ones they hold annually in China or even the Paris Air Show of course im sure you would be welcome there and im sure you would be equally welcome in Iraq. Grow up, and if last year was anything to go by your balloons will be popped again.

biggest fecking joke is, the people you defend actually banned kite flying.
    bring on the air show, keep on rocking in the free world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

Steyr wrote:
    Ha ha your priceless, did you protest at the Argentinian Sail Training Naval Vessel ARA Libertad? Or even the 2 French Naval ships or even the Irish Naval ship L.E. Roisin

Ah, I don't recall these being used to kill thousands of innocents, whether intentional or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

I Hate Jets Because They Started A War Of Terror :(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Damn rain

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

It was still kool. Thought the RAF show was better than the Thunderbirds but it was all great.

Ahh the joys of living in Lr Salthill :D

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Kazooie

All I can say is, oww my ears!

Anyone see the helicoptor drop it's door or something at the end. I was expecting to hear a car alarm go off but apperently it landed on the beach. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

cornbb wrote:
    It was still kool. Thought the RAF show was better than the Thunderbirds but it was all great.

agreed! Good day out though, rain or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Kazooie wrote:
    Anyone see the helicoptor drop it's door or something at the end. I was expecting to hear a car alarm go off but apperently it landed on the beach. :eek:

Hit a person/people too, no idea how hurt they were (if at all) but we were all kicked off the beach and there were ambulances and whatnot. Should be on the news later!

• Advertisement

most enjoyable day, rain was bad a times, but thankfully it got better in time for the highlights.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Fobia; are you absolutely sure that the door hit someone?

Got a couple of pictures today (just over 1,000; I was bored) from the roof of Jurys carpark. Will post them up when I sort the wheat from the chaff (there's a LOT of chaff due to the inclement weather)

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

Fobia wrote:
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kazooie
    Anyone see the helicoptor drop it's door or something at the end. I was expecting to hear a car alarm go off but apperently it landed on the beach.

Hit a person/people too, no idea how hurt they were (if at all) but we were all kicked off the beach and there were ambulances and whatnot. Should be on the news later!Hit a person/people too, no idea how hurt they were (if at all) but we were all kicked off the beach and there were ambulances and whatnot. Should be on the news later!
    heard on the news, 3 people injured...
    rushed to hospital too

i saw it fall off too....:eek: :eek:

DRakE wrote:
    I Hate Jets Because They Started A War Of Terror :(:(:(

your getting confused with G.W. Bush

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Anyway , was the Merlin in Galway an SAR machine ...or was it a transport machine.

If an SAR we must be mindful and thankful of the number of rescues carried out by the RAF in Ireland over the years.

yeah.. merlin was a SAR.. sometimes used as transport.. but mostly used for SAR

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Fey! wrote:
    Fobia; are you absolutely sure that the door hit someone?

I am, I was about 50 metres away..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

RTE News confirms here.

Very sad to see a great day out marred by injury. I hope they recover quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

Wasn't very serious. i was there and they were up and walking straight away. but they were crowded by people. the ambulance guys couldn't get to them. in fact my brother was there and he recorded the door falling off and it looked as though the power of the helicopter as it turned made the door slide off

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Couple of raf pilots on the dole tomorrow.....

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement

Couple of raf pilots on the dole tomorrow.....
    hehehe:D

These are the same RAF pilots who will pick sick Packie or poorly Pedro up from a fishing boat off belmullet in a force 10 in January .

**** off you small minded gob****es. Try saying that to any aran island fisherman and he would deck you !!!!

Sponge Bob wrote:
    These are the same RAF pilots who will pick sick Packie or poorly Pedro up from a fishing boat off belmullet in a force 10 in January .

**** off you small minded gob****es. Try saying that to any aran island fisherman and he would deck you !!!!

i'll second that...

without these people more lives will be lost, regardless of race and creed they will protect and serve as they have done for many years...

what are the chances that the pilot was Irish... quite high i reckon..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

When they didn't see a loose door in their pre-flight checks they shouldn't be let fly a kite.
    Their superiors will probably take the same view.

Seven Worlds will Collide

and if someone did tamper with a door on an SAR chopper its morally the same as petrol bombing an ambulance .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

Great show today, Typhoon was ridiculously cool, the Thunderbirds were ok but the Blades stole it for me.

I saw the whole door affair, fell off and went into the crowd and hit some people. The amount of crowding by everyone was crazy tho. The helicopter gingerly did a few passes to see what was going on.

What probobly (and this is just me talking) happened was this. Some kid pulled the 'pull this in case of emergency' tag on the outside of one of the doors of the chopper. It wasnt seen in checks, and once the thing took off the door fell off to allow escape as designed.

Shame it happened, glad everyone involved is ok, hope it wont effect the airshow in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,172 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I think that Niall O'Brochlainn guy was against the Airshow last year aswell when he was mayor...anybody else think he was a bit of a hypocrite being on the Argentinian warship in the Docks during the week? hmmmmm? The Planes are cool and generate great business for the city for the weekend.

the worst thing is the protesters have a case now that some thing dangerous happened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Id say there will be some big insurance claims there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sponge Bob wrote:
    and if someone did tamper with a door on an SAR chopper its morally the same as petrol bombing an ambulance .
    Now now, there there.

Advertisement