Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fluffy Hair!?

• 22-06-2007 11:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Since I've started letting my hair grow long(ish) I've found that after I've washed it, it becomes all fluffy and off my head (kinda hard to explain).

Is there any products or anything that will keep it flat, cos that's how I'd like it. Rather than being all puffy.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 653 ✭✭✭little miss

Usually, using a conditioner after shampooing helps, unless of course you choose one that increases the volume in your hair which I wouldn't recommend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I use Head & Shoulders conditioner cos my shampoo told me to!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,101 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I use Head & Shoulders conditioner cos my shampoo told me to!

Do you always do what your shampoo tells you to?

Do you always do what your shampoo tells you to?
    Yup and it's gotten me this far so I see no reason to change.

Head and Shoulders does the same thing to my hair - but if you're adamant you want to stick to it, there are different types of head and shoulders to try out. What length is your hair now? That would help the advice...

• Advertisement

Tis about 6 inches long or thereabouts. I'm not adamant on sticking with H&S. If there's something better that won't make my hair puffy I'll glady switch to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭squishywishy

Vo5 is best by far...have tried everything and it cant be beaten......also try a light serum like Charles Worthington...or GHD serum to calm it down

my hair was the same wen i tried to grow a short style out....serum in fluffy ends tamed it

that or u have split ends or it needs thining out??.....
    cant be sure without seeing it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

sunsilk is pretty good

I do have incredibly thick hair the barbers always say it to me when I get it cut. Might just go back to the fauxhawk, but that was alot of effort with gel and such :(

So sunsilk or V05 is the way to go yeah?

Since I've started letting my hair grow long(ish) I've found that after I've washed it, it becomes all fluffy and off my head (kinda hard to explain).

Is there any products or anything that will keep it flat, cos that's how I'd like it. Rather than being all puffy.
    mine's short and it does that too
    blow dry it carefully or if you want to let it dry naturally, brush it straight backwards and leave it like that til it's dry
    then when it's dry you brush it into whatever style and it's not puffy
    works for me anyway

• Advertisement

My bf has think hair, and tresame seems to work well on his. I think its just a matter of trying different ones until you get the result you want, but the serum suggestion is also a good one to try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭squishywishy

Must agree with Little Miss

Tresseme is pretty good too....used to use it until i went for a dramatic colour change and noticed that V05 gives consistently good results!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭J.S. Pill

If by 'fluffy' you mean frizzy, I think you may be washing your hair too much. For some people, washing their hair every day/every second day will dry the sh*t out of it.

I recommend you don't wash your hair for a week then wash and condition as normal and see if there's a difference. Then try reducing the frequency you wash your hair (e.g. every 4/5 days)

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭littlesurfer

how about hair gum...im using surf hair at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

V05 Ftw.

Advertisement