Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Keyed Again - Slight Rant

Options
  • 22-06-2007 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭

This is the fourth time my car has been vandalised in two years driving. I don't even get annoyed anymore. What is wrong with people?

It was the driver's door this time. Hopefully it will rub out. Otherwise it will be a €150 respray. 4 vertical scrapes. Fúckers. :mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Psygnosis

Where did you get it fixed for 150?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭llester

ballooba wrote:
    This is the fourth time my car has been vandalised in two years driving. I don't even get annoyed anymore. What is wrong with people?

It was the driver's door this time. Hopefully it will rub out. Otherwise it will be a €150 respray. 4 vertical scrapes. Fúckers. :mad:
    :mad: How annoying. Where were you parked? I have two go faster scratches on mine too, but I did it myself, will cost E1,000 to get it sorted, needless to say, they're staying where the are!! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

AFAIR Shane in CarCraft was €150 per door.

http://www.carcraft.ie/prices.html

llester wrote:
    :mad: How annoying. Where were you parked? I have two go faster scratches on mine too, but I did it myself, will cost E1,000 to get it sorted, needless to say, they're staying where the are!! :rolleyes:
    Across from my house. Someone coming home from the pub I would say.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

How good is their work? I see they fix cracked bumpers from €150 - does the respray match perfectly?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭HelterSkelter

Would you consider setting up a camera to watch it? Would be really nice to catch the bastard red handed

Curran wrote:
    How good is their work? I see they fix cracked bumpers from €150 - does the respray match perfectly?
    Not the may west on the full respray they did for me last year (8 panels). For one they should be fine.

Would you consider setting up a camera to watch it? Would be really nice to catch the bastard red handed
    I had to park across the street (i.e. other side of junction). I would for my own road, but not that one.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

That is terrible. Is there anywhere better to park?

I usually park outside my house. There's three skips on my road at the moment. Neighbours cars seem to be multiplying too. I'm used to it at this stage, going home to have a go at rubbing compund in a while.

• Advertisement

After rubbing compound:
    dsc00218dz4.th.jpg
    Grrrr.

Advertisement