Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Too many poles in Dublin?

• 22-06-2007 12:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭

Don't get me wrong I'm no racist but there's too many poles in Dublin. They are taking over.

Just this morning I was walking down the street there was a pole in front of me but I wasn't looking, actually had my wallet out. BIG MISTAKE.

Anyway walked staright into the f cker and banged my head. This has happened to me with the same one about 4 times.

Why can't they bury the phone and power lines. All these poles are unsightly and unsafe.

MM

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

xenophobe!

yes i realise you arent being racist but the title had me pre equip my "shame on you" hat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

The ones that only go to testicle height are worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Sure just do with all the skangers do:
    Fake injury and sue the city council.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

It would cost a fortune to bury them all and also to repair lines. As above the title had me thinking you were on about a completely different topic altogether. You are right though there are a lot of poles around dublin especially that big one on O'connell street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭testicle

Jumpy wrote:

Excuse me!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭boneless

It's the ones which jump out in front of you that I hate...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Jumpy wrote:

Not only a male problem either... Trust me :o

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,510 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Loads of ****en poles around my parents house, atleast they got rid of some in the old street I used to live in

They should be getting rid of them on any streets their re-doing to be honest,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You think it's only in the pale? They're bleeeeding everywhere!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭ShowUsYourXbox

Haha, this is great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Poles do the job though!

If we didn't have them we'd be lost :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i hate them, all they do is take our telephone calls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

And give support to the drunks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,810 ✭✭✭✭looksee

You've walked into the same pole four times!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

Simple rule TBH

Demand creates Supply

Simple :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

Jaysus man, last night I walked into twenty plus poles while trying to walk away and look sober to the Garda.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Poles? Bah.

What about the Angles? Now they really are everywhere. You're driving along a perfectly straight road when you see your sign for whereever and it's invariably at a 90 degree angle. Much screeching of brakes and cursing and you're back on a straight road. But not for long...

Bloody angles. Everywhere.

And don't get me started on them Swedes, or Czechs. Like basketballs they are...(the checks).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Jumpy wrote:

Ran into one on (a crowded) Grafton street once. Forced myself to nonchalantly stroll off down a side street (during the testicle pain window) before collapsing :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Personally though, the poles in Eastern Europe are far slimmer than the ones here.

Not to mention the fact that they carry like three times the amount of electricity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

Ah comon now sure they do the jobs the lazy fcukers over here turn their noses up at, fair play to them for standing all day holding up the wires, not many of us would do it for the wages they get !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

A lot of poles are trafficked here illegally and end up working in places like Angels and Legs. Most of them work 24 hours, in dim lighting and with little hope of ever going home.

Something, something, Celtic Tiger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Earthhorse wrote:
    in dim lighting
    But if there were more poles around then the lighting wouldn't be so bad. That doesn't really solve the problem of too many poles though, rather contributing to it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

jor el wrote:
    But if there were more poles around then the lighting wouldn't be so bad. That doesn't really solve the problem of too many poles though, rather contributing to it.

Well if we put lights on all the poles that don't have lights on them, then we could take down the poles that have light on them now which would reduce the amount of poles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Maccattack

They certainly know how to pick their timing. Poles only ever attack me when its dark and im drunk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

Well if we put lights on all the poles that don't have lights on them, then we could take down the poles that have light on them now which would reduce the amount of poles.

We're having what for dinner?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

There's only room on this planet for two

Don't forget that if it wasn't for poles, your dogs would be crossed legged.

> TCN methinks :D

Maccattack wrote:
    They certainly know how to pick their timing. Poles only ever attack me when its dark and im drunk.

If we put lights on the poles they wouldn't be able to attck you when it's dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 beldub

This is your own fault if you walk in to Pole. use your eyes.

Pole

What if you would have trees............. in this country oh my god

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

stovelid wrote:
    Ran into one on (a crowded) Grafton street once. Forced myself to nonchalantly stroll off down a side street (during the testicle pain window) before collapsing :o

Stovie, ya big jessie!
    Earthhorse wrote:
    A lot of poles are trafficked here illegally and end up working in places like Angels and Legs. Most of them work 24 hours, in dim lighting and with little hope of ever going home.

Something, something, Celtic Tiger.

Brilliant!!! :D

Sure, how else would ye see yer way in the dark?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

next you'll be complaining about cars,

"i was walking down the street looking into my wallat... BIG MISTAKE!!!

BANG, i got hit by a car!
    Like is there too many cars driving around or what? "

morale of the story...

WATCH WHERE YOU'RE WALKING INSTEAD OF PLAYING AROUND WITH YOUR WALLET!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

What is it with poles in Ireland though? Seriously, go to any other north european country and esp in smaller towns and villages you hardly see them.

Mike.

next you'll be complaining about cars,

"i was walking down the street looking into my wallat... BIG MISTAKE!!!

BANG, i got hit by a car!
    Like is there too many cars driving around or what? "

morale of the story...

WATCH WHERE YOU'RE WALKING INSTEAD OF PLAYING AROUND WITH YOUR WALLET!

You're right there are way too many cars around the place.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 738 ✭✭✭gaui3d0pnbz86o

What is it with poles in Ireland though? Seriously, go to any other north european country and esp in smaller towns and villages you hardly see them.

Mike.
    Maybe Ireland is proud to erect large objects?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭magick

I hate Poles too!

My friend ran her car into one,should see the state of the car......

ill get my coat:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Too many Irish in Dublin

Maybe Ireland is proud to erect large objects?

I know I am :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

I know I am :p
    and don't worry you will be able to some day soon :D:D:D

and don't worry you will be able to some day soon :D:D:D

When I get my big boy hair? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

You guys should take a ride on a bus! full of poles! everything you lean on is a pole!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Crazy Christ

the poles in limerick are filthy dirty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

CyberGhost wrote:
    You guys should take a ride on a bus! full of poles! everything you lean on is a pole!
    Oh dear, you found the bangbus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

how about everything else in Limrick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

As long as the atari jaguar option stays in I dont mind.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,088 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

After hours never changes does it?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭philstar

you mean the telegraph poles:D

one thing ive noticed is that they're getting very cocky..not just the poles but most east europeans

when they came here first they had a sort of "yes a massa" type of manner about them, but not now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Crazy Christ

how about everything else in Limrick

touché

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

philstar wrote:
    when they came here first they had a sort of "yes a massa" type of manner about them, but not now
    I know, I know I just want them to hold up the sign or light. I don't want an earful from a skinny piece of metal.

MM

Advertisement