Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I hate travellers!

• 22-06-2007 12:47pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭

I'm no racist but i'm sick and tired of people who travel around the place,rubbing our bloody noses in the fact that we're stuck in ireland getting soaked by the rain while they eat exotic food and tan themselves.TV presenters are the worst although Charlie Bird nearly shat himself to death when he went to the rain forest.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Another pseudo racist thread today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

This thread is pointless....*yawn*.... pointless i say!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

Degsy wrote:
    I'm no racist but i'm

guilty conscious:D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 351 ✭✭ron_darrell

Degsy wrote:
    I'm no racist but i'm sick and tired of people who travel around the place,rubbing our bloody noses in the fact that we're stuck in ireland getting soaked by the rain while they eat exotic food and tan themselves.TV presenters are the worst although Charlie Bird nearly shat himself to death when he went to the rain forest.

Are you living in the same country as me? The weather has been fantastic for the last few months, although the last few days have been very wet but even exotic places get monsoon seasons. Exotic food? I was asked the other day by some american tourists where to go to get some irish food and I couldn't for the life of me think what irish food was. Who doesn't eat steak, or chinese food or indian takeaway or pizza or mcdonalds these days? Is there really any foreign cuisine that you can't get in Ireland? Methinks someone may have been having a bad day :)

-RD

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

I what I hate most are the traveller apologists, or those who pretend to like travelling by slapping on fake tan or using a sunbed, even though they don't go anywhere. Makes me sick!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

Is this one of these "how far can I push this thread without getting banned?" threads?

If so I'd just like to say I really like Pirates of Dublin Bay, with their Torrents of free song and general entertainment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Dr_Teeth wrote:
    I what I hate most are the traveller apologists, or those who pretend to like travelling by slapping on fake tan or using a sunbed, even though they don't go anywhere. Makes me sick!

Agreed. I find it funny sometimes how they stand out like a sore thumb in a sea of pasty white Irish people, especially if it's people you know and you KNOW they haven't gone anywhere. Tan blotches gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling as it makes people look ridicilious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

I wish you politically correct muppets would pipe down.
    Honestly, who has ever had a good experience travelling. Everyone who stands up for travelling, probably has never travelled themselves.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Anybody who says they've enjoyed a holiday is deluding themselves.Abroad is a terrible place,full of foreigners,too hot,no decent food and nowhere knows how to make a decent cup of tea.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Dr_Teeth wrote:

I dont think women get fake tans to pretend they were travelling i assume its because a tan looks better on most,alllthooouugghhh most just slap it on and it looks sh1te.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I love travelling. The only part I don't like is the bus ride back Dub airport back to Galway, tired, weary and just wanting to be home again.

People that travel (and by that I mean backpackers) are usually very easygoing. You have to be if you want to make friends abroad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Degsy wrote:
    Abroad is a terrible place,full of foreigners,too hot,no decent food and nowhere knows how to make a decent cup of tea.

Abroad is full of foreigners? My eyes have been opened to the ways of the world. Tea is disgusting no matter where you drink it.

biko wrote:

People that travel (and by that I mean backpackers) are usually very easygoing. You have to be if you want to make friends abroad.

Moochers the lot of them..they never buy a round of drinks and they smell funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Degsy wrote:
    Abroad is a terrible place...

Actually, I quite like the broads. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

Slow coach wrote:
    Actually, I quite like the broads. ;)

hmmmm /fail

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

guilty conscious

Are you sure? Seem sleepy to me...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Fúck the lot of ye. You're just jealous. I travel the whole time and it's brilliant. In fact there is nothing I enjoy more than a good old bus or train journey except when iarnrod eireann bend me over and rape me for every cent I have with their wonderfully high prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭alphanine

Jumpy wrote:
    I wish you politically correct muppets would pipe down.
    Honestly, who has ever had a good experience travelling. Everyone who stands up for travelling, probably has never travelled themselves.

Are you serious? I have had an incredible time travelling, anyone I know who has gives the thumbs up everytime bar a few Thailand incidents.The weather here really is depressing especially for those who have seen what is possible. The central valley in California has 260 days of sunshine a year, thats no clouds from around April untill around October.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

alphanine wrote:
    Are you serious? I have had an incredible time travelling, anyone I know who has gives the thumbs up everytime bar a few Thailand incidents.The weather here really is depressing especially for those who have seen what is possible. The central valley in California has 260 days of sunshine a year, thats no clouds from around April untill around October.

Hehe, no I was not serious. It was a play on 'similar' threads.

• Advertisement

alphanine wrote:

Oh really?I'm sure these tourist traps love seeing you sloping along in your flip flops,greedy eyes open for a scabbing opportunity.

The Central Valley has several kinds of venomous snakes too and not one of them had the good sense to bite you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

Degsy wrote:
    Oh really?I'm sure these tourist traps love seeing you sloping along in your flip flops,greedy eyes open for a scabbing opportunity.

The Central Valley has several kinds of venomous snakes too and not one of them had the good sense to bite you!

lool this smacks of a nonsensical little closed minded pup trying to get himself banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

alphanine wrote:
    This is precisely why Degsy hates travellers.

MM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

Might i ask one of the Mods to lock this thread due to it being stupid!!!
    Thanks
    Steve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,831 ✭✭✭Slow Motion

alphanine wrote:
    The central valley in California has 260 days of sunshine a year, thats no clouds from around April untill around October.

Yeah, but it's foreign sunshine ! Just not the same as the real stuff we get here !

Yeah, but it's foreign sunshine ! Just not the same as the real stuff we get here !

True..true..and there's always lizards in the bidets.

If he she it'd rather have the sunshine that was stolen from the native Americans than our own rain he she it is a thoughtless person.

He she it is legitimating the genocide of the native Americans.

MM

If he she it'd rather have the sunshine that was stolen from the native Americans than our own rain he she it is a thoughtless person.

He she it is legitimating the genocide of the native Americans.

MM

And the air ! Don't forget about the air ! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Steve_o wrote:
    Might i ask one of the Mods to lock this thread due to it being stupid!!!
    Thanks
    Steve

Just one of the numerous examples of posts on this thread which demonstrate how lacking in a sense of humour/irony many Boards users are.

• Advertisement

And the air ! Don't forget about the air ! :p
    Yes he is breathing Hiawatha's air!!!!
    You Bustard
    MM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

if youre travelling you should go to nz! its great, weathers like home, but a lil warmer than us in summer, people all speak english, beaches are gold, seas are blue, pubs can stay open all night, and most importantly.... when you ask for a cuppa tea. you get a cuppa tea.

Dudess wrote:
    Just one of the numerous examples of posts on this thread which demonstrate how lacking in a sense of humour/irony many Boards users are.

Maybe he had his irony radar stolen ?

narco wrote:
    if youre travelling you should go to nz! its great, weathers like home, but a lil warmer than us in summer, people all speak english, beaches are gold, seas are blue, pubs can stay open all night, and most importantly.... when you ask for a cuppa tea. you get a cuppa tea.

Ah yes but you run the risk of being attacked by an emo or an auk or something..you dont get that over here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Dump her

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

Degsy wrote:
    Ah yes but you run the risk of being attacked by an emo or an auk or something..you dont get that over here.

HAHAHA. I presume you meant "emu" as opposed to a person in their late teens who wears skinny jeans and enjoys the music of My Chemical Romance and Fall Out Boy? :D

Would love to check out NZ though in all seriousness.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Maybe he had his irony radar stolen ?

Yep. Him along with a good few others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Degsy wrote:
    being attacked by an emo

Getting hugged to death outside the Central Bank?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

Degsy wrote:

nah, the emos are safe enough... its the skinhead nazi dudes that worried me... like a whole other culture about it over there... some dodgy dodgy dudes.

fortunately im close friends with some locals and was warned about various places/people (also the gangs there are way worse than anything here).

but really! lovely place!!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

stovelid wrote:

Hey!...Absolutely no refernce to our nations capital is permitted outside the Dublin forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

stovelid wrote:
    /chokes on muesli

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

zuutroy wrote:
    Hey!...Absolutely no refernce to our nations capital is permitted outside the Dublin forum
    :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

All travellers I have ever known have attacked me. Naturally, like any human would, I have developed a hate for them.

Advertisement