Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who do you have a "soft spot" for?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭carlop

gosplan wrote:
    Napoli - Maradonna & hometown of cannvaro
    Great to see Napoli get a mention. I went to a few matches when I was younger and the atmosphere in the san paolo against milan is something i'll never forget. Unfortunately Milan won 2-1, inspired by Ibrahim Ba, as strange as it may sound. Their promotion was great news and hopefully they can re-establish themselves as a top club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭Revelation Joe

Slough Town - I did some Football In The Community coaching when I lived there, ran their club shop for a season, went home and away until I moved away.
    It was always great fun and very disappointing to see them in the mess they're in now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

smashey wrote:
    With us, it stems from when Derry City started in the League of Ireland and we were travelling to every game. We saw a similarity with Berwick in that they also play in another jurisdiction.
    :eek:

You're a Derry City fan?

Wow.

Do you still go to games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Slough Town - I did some Football In The Community coaching when I lived there, ran their club shop for a season, went home and away until I moved away.
    It was always great fun and very disappointing to see them in the mess they're in now :(

A Rebel eh? :D

You're right, it is a shame what has happened to them, it seems like only yesterday they were playing Wycombe in the conference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

UCD - I'm a student there, they develop and give young players an opportunity at LOI level and I know a few of their players so I've got a huge soft spot for them, I even go to an odd match :o
    Malahide United - local side down the road, a club who have come on leaps and bound over the past few years and they're managed by Shels legend Bobby Browne! They've a great ground by the coast which is a fantastic place to watch football on a sunny day! :)
    Barcelona - always played deadly football, always had deadly players and have a deadly stadium, deadly club!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

seansouth wrote:
    :eek:

You're a Derry City fan?

Wow.

Do you still go to games?

Lapsed. :o

But now that I get my life back this weekend, I will return.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Ipswich town, had relations living there years ago and an Uncle was a Barclays bank manager at the time they sponsored the old First Divsion so got VIP tickets to see them play including meeting ref before game and meeting the players in the players lounge afterwards was pretty cool always keep half an eye on their results.

Also Gareth Ainsworth ex Lincoln and many other clubs now with QPR, the brother shared a house with one of his best mates and met him a few times, really down to earth guy never told strangers including women in clubs what he worked at he actually used to say he worked as a binman, good player too.

Advertisement