Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaning white UPVC windows

Options
  • 22-06-2007 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭

What would be the best thing to use to clean these? I heard that CIF can scratch them but don't know if that's true.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Limey wrote:
    What would be the best thing to use to clean these? I heard that CIF can scratch them but don't know if that's true.

Any help appreciated.

you can get a JML product called spotless which is really good, have used it myself

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

yeah, I got some dedicated stuff in woodies, it has no grit like CIF and it does a decent job

• Registered Users Posts: 46,152 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Plain old soap on a soft damp cloth works well for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭maly07@poczta.o

Vinegar mixed with warmy water works too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Think Limey might be talking about the UPVC frames;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

well i understood that to be the case too, and the stuff I got is purely for the white plastic bits on the windows, like i said woodies have it

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Limey

Thanks people.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,392 ✭✭✭TequilaMockingBird

Flash Bleach is great. The one in the spray bottle. I would have though Spotless was a bit gritty to use..?

Advertisement