Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Champix - My Experience

Options
  • 22-06-2007 1:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Friday, June the 22th.

Hello,

I am now officially a Guinea pig.

This morning, I started on a course of Champix to help me to finally quit smoking. I do smoke a lot these days, about 40 a day and I am smoking since the age of 15, which is for some 12 years now!

So I am going to take these pills and put my experiences here each day in the Hope that it will persuade some of you SLOBS to quit too. If I fail, then at least you will ll know why I failed and might be able to avoid my errors.

The pills are new, no longer experimental but I think it's worth mentioning that the pill was originally meant to treat manic depression and the nicotine suppressor was a side effect.

I tried the patches, the gum, cold turkey (they are hell to swallow with a glass of water, damn feathers) but none of these worked for me. Champix supossly works directly on the nicotine receptors in the brain, fooling them into thinking that you are still smoking even after you stopped, so I'll see. Oh, and I think that I should also mention that I have a will-power of a rotting corpse so I am counting purely on this medicine.

To find out more how Champix (Chantix in the US) works, check out the link here: http://www.chantix.com

So, I take one white pill today, one tomorrow and one on Sunday, then on Monday I take 2 white pills per day up until day eight. Then I take two BLUE pills each day and sometime between days eight and fourteen I stop smoking - I will have my final cig and, quite frankly, I can't wait! However, to make sure that I will avoid failures, I will follow instructions and won't try to quit smoking sooner than on day 14.

The course is for twelve weeks and if neccessary, I may other another twelve weeks of the blue pills, just to make sure that the cravings are gone.

So, thats it, I took the first pill today, and I`ll keep you guys informed of my progress or lack thereof.

If you have any questions, ask away and I`ll answer them as best as I can. You can reach me on my email jparicka(at)gmail.com.

Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Thank you.

Jan

cigarette_butt.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

||
    |--||

This shill reading is off the charts!

Didn't we have enough of those annoying f*ckers on the telly ads telling us how they were taking nicotine replacements around january. Is the Galway boards really the place for more advertising of non-smoking products?

Two things you forgot to say in your post:
    Smoking is cool.
    Winners don't quit.

Wait, er, uhm, oh, ah, damn, almost .. uhm .. no, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

reportaado!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

agus aris!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Two things you forgot to say in your post:
    Smoking is cool.
    Winners don't quit.

I lol'ed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Smokers are Jokers....

And Jokers are the coolest cards in the pack.

Light 'em up boys!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 jparicka

Fair enough guys, .. I was hoping I'll find a bit of a support here but it seems that I am the only smoker trying to kick the habbit. I'm going to keep trying, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You'll get no support from us. We love smoking. Smoking separates us from the animals. Try here The Giving Up Smoking forum. And good luck.

thank-you-for-smoking-posters.jpg

Smoking separates us from animals - so far the best comment that I have read! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Theres no way this is a trick, i mean its a 4 post veteran posting it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

jparicka wrote:
    I'm going to keep trying, anyway.

just go fishin more and more... less time to light up.. especially with wet hands..

mackerel season is near.. you wont have chance to light up then.. you'll be too busy telling the knackers to flip off from stealing your spinners :eek: :eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭stevecrow74

jparicka wrote:
    The course is for twelve weeks and if neccessary, I may other another twelve weeks of the blue pills, just to make sure that the cravings are gone.

damn.. i know what your trying to do... its the whole Matrix thing over again...

you really want the story to end and wake up in your reality... the reality is you have just spent a fortune on smarties :rolleyes:

the reality is you have just spent a fortune on smarties :rolleyes:

Steve, I did spend a little fortune on it. Anyway, took the third pill today and becoming quite sceptic, though..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Ah man this thread makes me wanna smoke

Okay, .. I know that none of you guys really care but here is a quit update on me: I couldn't quite cope with side effects (dizziness, nausea) so I'm giving up. And I'm also giving up giving up, .. I'll stay as I am, confirmed smoker. Thanks for the great support, anyway.

Advertisement