Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wetsuit maintenance

Options
  • 22-06-2007 1:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

With the apparant lull in the seas at the moment I think it's time to give the suit a big of a clean, but how?
    Is there some special shampoo or something, is it safe to scrub it, cloth/shower, what is the best way?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Well, I used a tiny bit of detergent (a quarter of a block crumbled up) in a warm bath and gently massaged the material against itself if you know what I mean. Came out spotless and works like it did before I cleaned it.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭learnerplates

detergent yeah, sounds good, it's the bacteria etc that builds up that I'd like to wash, is the detergent good enough?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Yep, perfect. Just hold part of your suit in one hand and one in the other hand and gently rub together. Any hand wash gentle detergent is fine, just don't use a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Shane_C

I used baby shampoo on mine. Detergent might be a bit strong and deteriorate the neoprene. I used about 1/3 of a bottle and massaged it in like lightening mentioned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 sallygap

Shane_C wrote:
    I used baby shampoo on mine. Detergent might be a bit strong and deteriorate the neoprene. I used about 1/3 of a bottle and massaged it in like lightening mentioned.

I agree. Detergent can be a little harsh. Shampoo is great, not shower gel as it contains neoprene and other unfriendly products. A little detol in the water will get rid of any bacteria.

• Advertisement
Advertisement