Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

is it just me?

• 22-06-2007 2:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭

you know when radio stations have free for alls were anyone can ring or txt in and have absolutely any song they like played? and you think to yourself "nice one a couple of classic tunes"

And some twat always requests some current chart topping piece of sh1te.:mad:

The whole point is supposed to be a nostalgic look back at great music, recent and not so recent. I just hate when these moments are squandered by people with no more imagination than pond algea.

Petty i know, but it needed to be said!

Hezz

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

You're stupid, who can fault The Fray? or that Gwen Stefani tune that's always on? (Weeeeeeoooo WEEEEEEOOOOOO!!!!) or that Snow Patrol / The Police mix that's also always on? That's what REAL music is, none of yer Jimi Zeppelin or Thin Gallagher shìte!!!

*My god! The sarcasim detector is of the charts!!!*

I want to hear 80's during the day like Queen (which does get played in fairness), Toto, Eurythmics, etc. Though the 80's show on TodayFm (or 2FM, can't remember) every Friday evening is ace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Beer is Life

Duggy747 wrote:
    You're stupid, who can fault The Fray? or that Gwen Stefani tune that's always on? (Weeeeeeoooo WEEEEEEOOOOOO!!!!) or that Snow Patrol / The Police mix that's also always on? That's what REAL music is, none of yer Jimi Zeppelin or Thin Gallagher shìte!!!

*My god! The sarcasim detector is of the charts!!!*

I want to hear 80's during the day like Queen (which does get played in fairness), Toto, Eurythmics, etc. Though the 80's show on TodayFm (or 2FM, can't remember) every Friday evening is ace.

Awwwww yea, cant beat good old 80's pop!

I agree with the OP, but usually the show/station has a limited playlist with which to play songs from, so you couldnt have something like Burzum played on the Ray D'arcy show...That would be so funny tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

yea, Fridaynite 80's on Todayfm rocks:D :D

At least they get to choose what songs are being played! I love listening to the ones who have a set play-list when they get a request

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

shouldnt you oldies be out dodging coffins?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

My umbrella-ella-ella-ella-ella
    *slap*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

TmB wrote:
    My umbrella-ella-ella-ella-ella
    *slap*
    I always thought she was talking about her other umbrella

My umbrella-eile-eile-eile...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

IMO a lot of stations do the whole request thing then ignore the results. Summed up quite well on K-DST in GTA San Andreas, "Send in your request, and if it's on our playlist, we might just play it for you!"
    It'll be interesting to see how mad the ipod shuffle request list on todayfm will be next week (Tom Dunne on the Ray D'Arcy show). Email in your first ten songs from shuffle then if they like one hour of the show will be your requests. Pretty novel imo. He says he's gonna play slightly off-beat ones.

:p
    cance wrote:
    shouldnt you oldies be out dodging coffins?

I'm not that old, i was born in the early seventies:p

I just like inspired music which required talent to write and perform.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Hezz700 wrote:
    :p

I'm not that old, i was born in the early seventies:p

I just like inspired music which required talent to write and perform.

1870's?

• Advertisement

1870's?

shishhh, don't tell everybody

I was born slap-bang in the mid-80's so I like my brash clothes, my dry-ice, my syntehisisisissisiiers, and my Where In The World programme on before Glenroe of a Sunday night.............*shudders* man, they were crap times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 799 ✭✭✭Schlemm

r3nu4l wrote:
    I always thought she was talking about her other umbrella

My umbrella-eile-eile-eile...
    Or how about 2fm's Heiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilarious! version about Salmonella ella ella, played 938571983579138 times every day, so funny I forgot to laugh, ha.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

On a slightly different note (sorry Hezz, don't really mean to hijack the thread), it was around 1997 that I first started to notice 80's nights in the nightclubs. Are there exclusively 90's nights around now? I know there are still 70's and 80's ones here and there, yet can't recall seeing 90's ones. It is a sure sign of feeling old.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Duggy747 wrote:
    I was born slap-bang in the mid-80's so I like my brash clothes, my dry-ice, my syntehisisisissisiiers, and my Where In The World programme on before Glenroe of a Sunday night.............*shudders* man, they were crap times.
    You have some memory. I was born in the mid 70's and those things you mention above are at the early range of my proper memories (as opposed to random snippets from when I was really young)

5starpool wrote:
    You have some memory. I was born in the mid 70's and those things you mention above are at the early range of my proper memories (as opposed to random snippets from when I was really young)

Well, they were products of the 80's. I more-so remember the Glenroe/ Where In The World crap from the early 90's when I was wandering around in me jimmy-jams.........or was that last week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭irlirishkev

Schlemm wrote:
    Or how about 2fm's Heiiiiiiiiiiiiiiilarious! version about Salmonella ella ella, played 938571983579138 times every day, so funny I forgot to laugh, ha.

By any chance created by those two muppets on the morning show? Most things irritating on 2fm come from that show.

I agree with the OP. It does my head in aswell. 'Please can you play the new Avril Lavigne song??'. Oh FFS, it was just on 5 minutes ago. And 15 minutes ago. And 20minutes ago!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

5starpool wrote:
    On a slightly different note (sorry Hezz, don't really mean to hijack the thread), it was around 1997 that I first started to notice 80's nights in the nightclubs. Are there exclusively 90's nights around now? I know there are still 70's and 80's ones here and there, yet can't recall seeing 90's ones. It is a sure sign of feeling old.

Oh yeah, there be 90's nights in Belfast alright, and I've noticed that there were some in Manchester last time I was there. A mixture of anything from PJ & Duncan, Oasis, Stone Roses, Lisa Stansfield, Take That, Happy Mondays, 2 Unlimited :eek:

I don't want to accept they exist. Next year, people who are enrolling at uni will be ten years younger than me. Feel like I was drinking in the Union Bar last week. It's all f**ked up!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Maccattack

I hear ya. Radio in Ireland is plop plop.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭It BeeMee

Duggy747 wrote:

Has anyone ever heard an 80's show that DIDN'T include a Madonna song???
    It should be possible to pull a few hours of music together without including Madge and her overactive hormones...

• Advertisement

So, what the F### ever happened to Theresa Lowe???
    Just kiddin i don't care:D :D anyway "the fall guy" and "McGuiver" was more my thing back then:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Duggy747 wrote:
    Where In The World programme on before Glenroe of a Sunday night

Theresa Lowe. Sexy beast.

End.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,654 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

i gave up on irish radio years ago. even phantom is mostly shoite too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,644 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Moved from AH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Theresa Lowe is now a barrister practising in the Law Courts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭McSandwich

Theresa Lowe is now a barrister practising in the Law Courts.

She has also filled in on Moncrieff's show when he was away a few months back..

Advertisement