Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

photo

Options
  • 22-06-2007 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

hey my best fisf whats yours?

let me know what you think 22lb pike cought on dead perch in co. monaghan Ireland
    if you like post yours here to

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

what kind of rig did you use , were you straight ledgerig or float ledgering?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 DaMav

thats a great fish , what lake were you fishing from, boat or shore

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭adonis

did u say ledgered perch?
    that would be quite the catch!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 kirwan97

what kind of rig did you use , were you straight ledgerig or float ledgering?

just sitting on the bottom my ex's son was with me and got tangled so i helped him out came back and had that nice fish waiting for me

DaMav wrote:
    thats a great fish , what lake were you fishing from, boat or shore

i was on the shore

• Advertisement

kirwan97 wrote:
    just sitting on the bottom my ex's son was with me and got tangled so i helped him out came back and had that nice fish waiting for me

Were you not using a bite alarm or some sort of audible alarm , if not you should be dude its common practice

Was the fish deep hooked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭adonis

it looks like it was...there is blood coming from the side of the gills...
    that happens though, in fact the first big pike i caught was really deep hooked and it took about 15 minutes for her to go back....survived though but im sure it wasnt good for her...from now im running for the alarm at the first beep on the bite alarm and i use 4 out of 6 barbless trebles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭8k2q1gfcz9s5d4

adonis wrote:
    that happens though, in fact the first big pike i caught was really deep hooked and it took about 15 minutes for her to go back....survived though but im sure it wasnt good for her...from now im running for the alarm at the first beep on the bite alarm and i use 4 out of 6 barbless trebles

i always strick as soon as i can, id much prefer to strike too early and not hook the pike, than a late strike and a belly hooked pike.
    here is a link to my PB http://www.shannon-fishery-board.ie/guides/coarse/reports2003/may28th.htm third pic down, nearly 4 years ago!!! my joint best moment in fishing!!

Were you not using a bite alarm or some sort of audible alarm , if not you should be dude its common practice

Was the fish deep hooked?

not at all it was just hooked in the mouth i had the bait runner on and would have heared it the fish just sat with it

adonis wrote:

well that happens alright but i had hooks out within 20sec's i pride myself on getting fish back as soon as i can

• Advertisement

You have good intentions at least , but you should have an electronic bite alarm , there not expensive.

You have good intentions at least , but you should have an electronic bite alarm , there not expensive.

i do have one but it's on the blink at the min ....when i say that i mean it snapped at the bank stand :( only cheap one

Advertisement