Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

10:32

• 22-06-2007 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi,
    Was wondering if anyone might be able to shed any light on something strange that happens to me or to share a similar experience.

Without fail regardless of where i am i always look at a clock when its 10:32.
    It doesnt matter where i am and its not something i consiously do,but whenever i will always be looking at a watch,clock,timetable etc and see the figure 10:32.

it has been happening for about 10 years now,and it's not something i imagine as my ex girlfirend witnessed it too,we would be out somewhere and i would ask her what time it is and she would look at ther phone and it would always be 10:32.

Weird eh?
    Any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 987 ✭✭✭ekevosu

your watch or her watch ran out of batteries at 10.32?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Look at your watch right now! Break the cycle!

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭boris george

no it would actually be 10:32am or pm,i just always happened to be looking at a digital image(watch,phone etc) at those times most days.

Imagine that if starting today you looked at your watch once a day and everytime you looked it was the same time!

and obviously if i look at a watch now it wont say 10:32

Crucifix wrote:
    Look at your watch right now! Break the cycle!
    i dont own a watch,which makes it even creepier,as i will be somewhere and not even care what time it is,but will be at the top of grafton street and look at that clock and it will say 10:32

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

maybe when its 10.32 your mind sees the time somewhere and is at a habit now to tell you to look at the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,172 ✭✭✭Don1

Same started happening to me a while back but I stopped looking at it and it stopped happening. Now I can look at watches etc. without fear of getting creeped out!

maybe oman,but it really freaks me out.It happens all the time!(excuse the pun)but its no just clocks,i always seem to see those numbers in that sequence im sure it has some meaning!
    im just glad there is not 32 days in october otherwise i would be ****ting it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Meh, I always wake litteraly 5 seconds before my alarm goes off. I find it handier rather than creepy cuz the alarm clock I have makes me shìt my boxers with suprise!

"BBBBBBBBBWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!"

Duggy747 wrote:
    Meh, I always wake litteraly 5 seconds before my alarm goes off. I find it handier rather than creepy cuz the alarm clock I have makes me shìt my boxers with suprise!

"BBBBBBBBBWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!"

thanks for the sound effect.
    I think that happens to most people though!!

• Advertisement

Don1 wrote:
    Same started happening to me a while back but I stopped looking at it and it stopped happening. Now I can look at watches etc. without fear of getting creeped out!
    What do you mean you stopped looking at it?im not making a concious decision to look at the time to see if its 10:32 it just seems to be that i always do,or ill wake up at 10:32

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Kurumba

Had to reply to this, this actually happens me too, except the time i always see is 11:11.. it is odd and has been happening for a good few years but I put it down to it being just one of those things. Probably an unconcious thing we do.
    It's the same as some people waking up exactly 1 minute before they're alarm goes off or something. The brain is a complex thing!

i also thought it might be a bible passage(as i googled 10:32 and thats what comes up)but i cant be arsed reading them,as i have read a few reviews and its supposed to be a really preachy book,except for this one guy.....

well after 9 11 i kept looking at the clocks watches etc at 9.11 and that was weird but i got out of that habit so just forget about it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Jigsaw

I know what you mean. I kinda have the same thing with 17:02.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭imeatingchips

Oman wrote:
    maybe when its 10.32 your mind sees the time somewhere and is at a habit now to tell you to look at the time

look at the time he posted that! Today, 16:32

YIKES!

I used to always see the time xx:26. ALL the frickin time. no matter where or what I did. it used to freak me out and I used to think I was going to die when I was 26 or something. But, when I turned 27 I forgot all about it!

Oman wrote:
    well after 9 11 i kept looking at the clocks watches etc at 9.11 and that was weird but i got out of that habit so just forget about it

its not a habit,im not looking to do this!!It just happens!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I always have to get up to pee at 1.40 in the morning,have absolutely no idea why.

I always seem to look at the clock when its 8:08 for some reason! Dont wear a watch, or even care what time it is, but whenever I do look, its always that time!

I knew this must happen to other people too!
    Its a wierd feeling isnt it??!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭Papergirl 1

I always seem to look at the clock when its 8:08 for some reason! Dont wear a watch, or even care what time it is, but whenever I do look, its always that time!

• Advertisement

muscle memory thats called.
    It happens when i play golf.Ill play a course for the first time and for example be on the third and slice a ball into the bushes,i could not play that course again for 2 years but i gurantee ill step up on that third and the exact same thing and only then remember it happened before.

actually thats not really the same at all,stop drinking so much before you go to sleep.

ok then next time you look at the clock and its 10.32 then try not to think about it being the number that always comes up and look at the clock five minutes later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

I always notice when it's 13:37, the nerd in me just can't help it.

That or if the time adds up to 23 in someway or another (damn that movie!)

7x3=21+3=24-1=23 Omg

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I always seems to look at a digital clock when it says 13:37. Maybe it's trying to tell me something...

feylya wrote:
    I always seems to look at a digital clock when it says 13:37. Maybe it's trying to tell me something...

that you have 23 minutes of lunch left?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Can't be that. I don't start work til 2

Edit: And suddenly it all falls into place!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭You Suck!

Your all suffering from kinestisia......just stop abusing ketemine.

My ex was also a slut who stole all my good jokes but im not sure if thats connected.

nice jabs though......but an enormous head....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Jigsaw wrote:
    I know what you mean. I kinda have the same thing with 17:02.

Weird... I read that just as it turned 17:02 .... :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,346 ✭✭✭nc6000

Something simliar used to happen to me a number of years back except it was always 22.22 when I looked at the time on our video. The advent of DVD solved that particular problem!

nc6000 wrote:
    Something simliar used to happen to me a number of years back except it was always 22.22 when I looked at the time on our video. The advent of DVD solved that particular problem!

dont think you are out of the woods yet my friend,it never goes away.22.22 will come back you mark my words and it will bug the **** out of you for years to come,until it stops and never happens again.

nc6000 wrote:
    hey come to think of it the exact same thing used to happen to me but the dvd player solved it aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 990 ✭✭✭galactus

I have the same thing with all my kitchen appliances and DVD player except its 00:00 and the spooky thing is its flashing

:D:D
    galactus wrote:
    I have the same thing with all my kitchen appliances and DVD player except its 00:00 and the spooky thing is its flashing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

i have something the exact same but its not just clocks, i see 9/11 everywhere, i remember for some reason the year it happened a day or two afterword i had a drink of milk and it was sour, i threw it in the bin but i saw the date when it landed in the bin, the milk was out of date on 9/11! wow what a interesting story!!!!

ye but i know whaty you mean twice a day i always see 9/11 except on satuday morning.... unless im still up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

I alway wake 30mins after my alarm go off:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

jessie1 wrote:
    this actually happens me too, except the time i always see is 11:11.

Exact same time for me. Freaked me out a bit a couple of years ago but it doesn't bother me now though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

wow, that happens to me except at 19:17, maybe it's telling me to overthrow more tszars

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

Your brain gets into a rough cycle and you just happen to notice that number more than any other. I've experimented with this and found I can make it happen for pretty much any time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

USED to happen to me for a short period, maybe a couple months, at 12:23. Stopped though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

same thing happens to me but at 23:23, its like the number 23 keeps coming into my life. Was a bit shocked to see that there was a film coming out called the number 23 but i never ended up seeing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

OctavarIan wrote:
    Your brain gets into a rough cycle and you just happen to notice that number more than any other. I've experimented with this and found I can make it happen for pretty much any time.

That's right. You've got that number into your head, and whereas you see countless numbers every day, you always notice 10.32. For some reason the same thing happened to me for a while with 10.56!

I've heard it called "Red Mondeo Syndrome". You never seem to notice red Mondeos on the road, but as soon as you buy one, they're everywhere!

I've also heard it said that when you learn a new word, you're virtually guaranteed to see it again within 24 hours even though you've gone your whole life without seeing it. I didn't believe it until it happened to me with the word "fissiparous"! As you can imagine, I'm now convinced!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭yellowellie

Jessie1, I see 11:11 too! It's been happening me for about 15 years... At least 11:11 is kind of understandable cos it's four of the same digits so easier to recognise, but 10.32 is a bit freaky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

feylya wrote:

hahha nice :D

i don't think many people got this. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭ctc_celtic

i always wake up exactly when the alarm clock goes off. it really weird, its like someone invented this thing just to wake me up:D

but really, the body has its own time clock and you probably just seen the time 10.32 a few times coincidently, but you subconscious remembered it and now your body clock is alerting you to the time.

its the same as if you set your clock to wake you up for the same time for two weeks, then set it one minute later, you will still wake at the old time, the first morning at least.

do know what i can do if there a clock beside when i'm trying to get to bed and i look at it thinking of a certain time say 4 o'clock in the morning i'll wake up at that time. cool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

This used to happen to me a few years ago, 11:11 everwhere! Seems a few others see 11:11 as well. Weird.

Look on the bright side OP, next time you're going to ask someone the time, don't bother, you know it already ;)

fricatus wrote:
    That's right. You've got that number into your head, and whereas you see countless numbers every day, you always notice 10.32. For some reason the same thing happened to me for a while with 10.56!

I've heard it called "Red Mondeo Syndrome". You never seem to notice red Mondeos on the road, but as soon as you buy one, they're everywhere!

I've also heard it said that when you learn a new word, you're virtually guaranteed to see it again within 24 hours even though you've gone your whole life without seeing it. I didn't believe it until it happened to me with the word "fissiparous"! As you can imagine, I'm now convinced!

Yeah i think your right.Funnily enough it hasnt happened since i posted this up here!So maybe its over!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,966 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Actually that just reminded me of this article http://www.damninteresting.com/?p=417. It's called The Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon. Very good read :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement