Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ag Science

Options
  • 22-06-2007 4:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

How'd it go lads? Thought twas a tough paper. Diagrams, short questions and scientific explanations were difficult. PS IM FINISHED

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 missyteabags

couldn't agree more definitly a tough paper and i was counting on an A1 from it.......ah well so much for that!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Seinas

fairly difficult but i tried my best to bullsh!t my way through it...

like i never heard of an ectoparasite before, or masseter muscles, why intake of fodder crops are to be limited, microbes in the rumen, and the f***ing production of a catch crop!!!!

its so retarded the way the course hasnt been updated in years..................what the hell is wrong with them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 280 ✭✭SamHamilton

I thought it was a hard paper.

Q1 was awful (for me anyway).

I did 2 extra questions but...

I was banking on silage coming up and there was only a little reference to it. But I attempted every question so I'm still hoping for an A. I got 100% in the mocks and I'm annoyed because I need the A1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

Seinas wrote:
    fairly difficult but i tried my best to bullsh!t my way through it...

like i never heard of an ectoparasite before, or masseter muscles, why intake of fodder crops are to be limited, microbes in the rumen, and the f***ing production of a catch crop!!!!

its so retarded the way the course hasnt been updated in years..................what the hell is wrong with them?

Surely an ectoparasite is a parasite that lives on the skin?

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Dermot2468

Q1 was very difficult, other wise good choice and nice q's much in line with 2006 imo.
    An ecto parasite is one that lives outside its host.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭jaydigity

Seinas wrote:

i

Masseter muscles are for masticating....NO M-A-S-T-I-C-A-T-I-N-G, you filthy minded ape. AKA chewing :p

Masseter muscles are for masticating....NO M-A-S-T-I-C-A-T-I-N-G, you filthy minded ape. AKA chewing

I didn't know what they were until I looked at the Irish paper and the Irish version is matáin cogáint or something along those lines and that pointed me directly to the mouth. Yay for Irish!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 patrick1988

woz a grand paper...q1 woz tough but got 6 definitely right

jus need to clarify one thing

q2.b did ye all do drainage rate between 2contrasting soils??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 patrick1988

o ya and did ye get

25.40% yield fo q6c(!!!)

q2.b did ye all do drainage rate between 2contrasting soils??

No, drainage and capiliarity are two different things though you might still get marks.

The experiment is the one where you place two tubes in water. One tube has sandy soil, the other clay soil. You make a note of the water travelling up the tubes and see that it travels faster in the clay soil due to smaller air spaces.
    25.40% yield fo q6c(!!!)

Is it not 3.71 + 3.14%
    or .94 + .80kg

no?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

All I can say is "Ag Science" looks.........more involved than my mental Images of questions such as "milking a cow" experiments and how to feed pigs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Seinas

Naikon wrote:
    All I can say is "Ag Science" looks.........more involved than my mental Images of questions such as "milking a cow" experiments and how to feed pigs.

and with that, the description the book gives of feeding pigs is entirely wrong :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

:d:d:d

Advertisement