Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House prices in Charlesland.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 grey_newbie

jenc wrote: »
    God have they really dropped that much?

Have you seen them at this price yet?

No offence but some people on this place are so pessimistic, no the prices haven't dropped that much, i know of a 2 bed house that was only sold recently for 379, huge amount of interest and it went within a couple of weeks so it proves that although there is a slow down and some houses aren't selling too quickly, people are still looking to buy in this estate.

Be proud of where you live !! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

I believe the new Kilpedder interchange will help houses to sell In Charlesland.

Anyone happen to know when it will open?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

FirstIn wrote: »
    I believe the new Kilpedder interchange will help houses to sell In Charlesland.

Anyone happen to know when it will open?

The end of January according to the NRA.

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

i know of a 2 bed house that was only sold recently for 379

When a house is listed on myhome.ie as "Sale Agreed", is the accompanying price the actual selling price, or just the original asking price? If the latter (which I suspect), is the selling price public information (and available eslewhere)?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,486 ✭✭✭miju

is the selling price public information (and available eslewhere)?

not publicy as they are private treaty which is why such reports could only be treated as anecdotal at best. only thing related to prices which is reliable and that can be backed up is IPW (which also records any prices rises)

• Advertisement

well when the sellers are close friends I think the reports can be treated a bit more than "anecdotal"

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭daveco23

No idea what they sold for, but I saw more "sale agreed" signs on my sunday walk around charlesland than I have seen in the last few months...

well when the sellers are close friends I
    think the reports can be treated a bit more than "anecdotal"

no offense but best friends or not its still at best anecdotal for obvious reasons

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

grey_newbie:
    Be proud of where you live !!

By all means, but face the facts too!:)
    If someone suggests that prices are going up or down (even by large amounts) it does not mean that they are not proud of where they live.

You can love the place you live in and be proud of it regardless of what it may sell for.

miju wrote: »
    no offense but best friends or not its still at best anecdotal for obvious reasons

No offense taken but please explain the obvious reasons? Although I don't have written proof of the definitive agreed price I still think it's a bit more than anecdotal, maybe when I post a scanned copy of the contracts they received you'll agree? :)

Fish dog you're dead right, my mentioning of being proud of where you live was just in reply to allot of the negative views and posts that a number of members have posted on this thread wrt the area, it wasn't actually related to the prices and sale of houses..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 daraghm

We took 360k in the end for our 2 bed house in the wood. It had been on the market for yonks and was getting to the point where we had to sell, so...

I wasn't aware of any house that had sold recently (i.e. last 2 months) that got 379k, if they did fair play to them!

D.

Fish dog you're dead right

Fair play! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭woodser

€379 would be about right,My sister sold at €381 week before christmas back though from a high of €405 to €415 early 07.Dooley sold a 3 bed end terrace the same week for €505k thats back from a high of €555k for a 3 bed in oct 06.B.T.W. one auctioneer has closed shop in Greystones and the other is rebranding.

A two bed in Charlesland Park, Greystones, Co. Wicklow is going for QUOTE €39,000 on myhome.ie for anyone who can take out a...
    car loan...:rolleyes:

http://www.myhome.ie/search/property.asp?id=MJJEY343429

wow, what a bargain, lollers, you think the EA would at least proof read his ad :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭woodser

Thats not the first time hassett did it they had a 3bed in the court for 50500 and a two bed in the wood for 40000:p

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭sicruise

I think they do it on purpose so that they show up first when sorted by price.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 CSheener

I'm in a 2 bed in the Park - the bank valued ours at 410k about 3 weeks ago! Obviously we think thats about 30k over what we'd get.....but it jus goes to show that the banks are still willing to throw money at people!!! Or maybe 40K by the sounds of things!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

CSheener wrote: »
    the bank valued ours at 410k about 3 weeks ago! Obviously we think thats about 30k over what we'd get.

Banks don't value houses, Valuers and Auctioneers do. So ...what are you talking about?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

MuffinsDa wrote: »
    Banks don't value houses, Valuers and Auctioneers do. So ...what are you talking about?!

Perhaps they based it on a similar house they provided a mortgage for this time last year! Or the bank has their own Valuers on the pay role instead of paying large fees for their services.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement

Banks hire valuers MuffinsDa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Do_nal

A Bank will ALWAYS send a valuer/auctioneer to value your property if you are looking to re-finance, re-mortgage, etc, and have not provided them with an independant valuation yourself.

Some employ their own valuers and some hire independant valuers.

So.... thats probably what they were talking about! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭dubrunner

Banks always value it, if you're re mortgaging or taking equity from your property!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭MuffinsDa

guys, READ my post again, I know how banks work. They don't value it themselves. They comission valuers to do that. That's what I was talking about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Back to the topic folks. You can discuss who does or doesn't value houses in the Biz category.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 CSheener

What i mean is what Do nal said........ we changed our mortgage and the bank sent a VALUER or whoever out to the house. In person - not based on a price from last year.......and 410,000k is the figure he gave to the bank and we got a better mortgage rate based on a LTV basis! [snip]

I think is fair to say that your Charlesland house price is what someone will actually pay for it! Sevral years ago I changed my morgage for a better deal. To do this I had to get my house overvalued. This proved to be quite simple. I was phone and told of the value before the guy showed up that the bank had sent out to value the house!

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭neets

I too wanted to avail of the cheaper LTV mortgage and got my house valued a couple of days ago. I was valued at 500K and in fact he said that that was the highest he could go. 495K was a more realistic figure. Needless to say we now can't qualify for the mortgage we were looking for. It makes no diffierence to us as we don't intend to move for a while but it would have been nice to get a cheaper mortgage. To be honest with you I was a bit surprised the value was as low. Just goes to show you that the prices you see on the likes of myhome and daft are way off target.

In myopinion if the highest price you can get when you sell a house is one million or 100K then that is what it is worth regardless of what myhome.ie or any "expert" values it at. At the end of the day "experts" are guessing, sellers are pushing the price up as much as they can and buyers are pushing it down as much as they can.

The only way to know for sure what your house is worth is to sell it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭neets

you're absolutely right fishdog. but unfortunately i don't want to sell, i just want a cheaper mortgage! to be honest, we're all a bit too obsessed with the whole thing. i've done pretty well out of it all in terms of what i made selling my 2 bed and trading up. where i live now is a home, not a house so if the value drops a bit now, it's irrelevant to me. it's all relative anyway.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement