Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody have digiweb problems?

Options
  • 22-06-2007 6:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

I have Digiweb metro and today about 3 o clock my speeds dropped to 128kbps download and 100 up.They have no issues with my account on there end so i have to wait until monday, Its nothing to do with them limiting my account as i have the 10gb add on,They made me do a load of ping tests and they all worked except www.digiweb.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭wasim21k

oo man, digiweb i hate them really dont like bit over 30gb and you r back to phone line speed :mad:

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

wasim21k wrote:
    oo man, digiweb i hate them really dont like bit over 30gb and you r back to phone line speed :mad:
    I think it's a better solution than charging per MB over your cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Got through again this morning and it turned out my account was limited even though i didnt go over the cap and after 3 difference agents they couldnt see that apart from the guy this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

Yes i no how to check my usage thats what i am sayin i never went over my usage and they limited my account

• Advertisement

Must be a glitch in the database as it's usually automatic, or else in the database your account has wrong setting.

Ring them on Monday.

AFAIK the throttle is automatic.

After nearly 20mths I'm getting closer to limit than ever before. 21G for last 30 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Mine says I have downloaded 46GB so far this month - there is no fscking WAY I have downloaded that amount in 24 days. If anything I have downloaded a lot LESS than normal this month.

My connection has been throttled now.

It's ALWAYS the last 30 days, not the days since beginning of calendar month, a fairer system.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Even still, there's no way I have downloaded 46GB of stuff.

Is there any way to locally monitor traffic? I have a belkin wireless router that serves 2 laptops, an internet radio and a wii.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Internet radio is a fairly big chunk of traffic if left on constantly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,050 ✭✭✭✭event

eth0_ wrote:
    Even still, there's no way I have downloaded 46GB of stuff.

Is there any way to locally monitor traffic? I have a belkin wireless router that serves 2 laptops, an internet radio and a wii.

so how do you know that someone hasnt hacked your wireless security and used about 20GB of stuff?

Advertisement