Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Canada ridden rock solid in Gold Cup semi

• 22-06-2007 6:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8Kt7eNSwYA

94th minute equalising goal disallowed for offside, shocking call. Bocanegra should have walked for a two-footed challenge as well.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

How Bocenegra got away with that is beyond me. It was a very awkward fall as well for the other player, could have been much worse.

Also, wtf was the USA player doing before taking the penalty?? I'm not sure if it was a psych-out or superstition.

Very harsh with the disallowed equaliser as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

that's really harsh, if that was Ireland i'd have put my foot through the tv!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

What a fncking crunching challenge. He should have walked and get a ban for violent conduct, bloody disgrace.

Nice finish for the Canadians first.

I have seen it interpreted that the defender who last touched the ball back has to be in control of it (ie it cannot just hit off him) on a number of occasions or it is still offside, and I recall a quite heated debate about it at the national conference last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

If that was in Europe Bocanegra would have been sent off. Dreadful tackle.
    The so-called offside was a second kick in the teeth for the Canadians. When that ball is played forward the player is clearly onside. If you freeze the footage at 07.01 you can see he is level with the defender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

Dreadful tackle by Bocanegra. I like the way the "unbiased" commentater said he was going for the ball!!!

Dreadful decision for the "offside" goal too :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

:eek: Good lord, how did he not get sent off for that?
    That disallowed goal was well harsh. Canad have every right to feel hard done by.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

That was some tackle!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Jesus you lot are a bunch of girls. the tackle only looks bad cos the guy done a flip, Bochanegra doesnt make full contact with studs or anythign like it. He pulls out a bit and kind of clips him that sent him over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

jesus thats a shockin offside decision

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Stekelly wrote:
    Jesus you lot are a bunch of girls. the tackle only looks bad cos the guy done a flip, Bochanegra doesnt make full contact with studs or anythign like it. He pulls out a bit and kind of clips him that sent him over.
    Last I checked* two footed challenges that miss the ball and hit the player are direct red regardless of 'intent'.

*I might be mistaken though.

• Advertisement

Galvasean wrote:
    Last I checked* two footed challenges that miss the ball and hit the player are direct red regardless of 'intent'.

*I might be mistaken though.

Even If the rules do say that , I dont agree with it in every circumstance , plus I wasnt talking about rules, more peoples reactions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Tell you what let me do that to you on a game any given sunday and then tell me that you think it's ok... Two footed challenges, over the ball and into the shin. I have seen legs broken on numerous occasions in such situations.

Meh, I've seen worse not even getting a card. He catches him with his left and that spins him, makes it look much worse than it was. Also been on the ned of worse and have caught one or 2 people with worse (not 2 footed diveign tackles, more late ankle crunchers).

I'm not denying that 2 footed lunges shouldnt be allowed, just think football is going too far in the other direction and towards something akin to basketball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Tell you what let me do that to you on a game any given sunday and then tell me that you think it's ok... Two footed challenges, over the ball and into the shin. I have seen legs broken on numerous occasions in such situations.

Bocanegras tackle is called a "stekelly special" on the boards team forum :eek:
    And Bocanegra didnt do it right :D

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    Bocanegras tackle is called a "stekelly special" on the boards team forum :eek:
    And Bocanegra didnt do it right :D

kdjac
    Hey, steady on. No slidign tackles on astro, if only there was.........(me drifts off to a dream where I lift someone over the 8 foot fence with a tackle :) )

For the record, he didnt do it right. He was really risking a red going in like that and probably would have got one 9 times out of 10, so at that stage he may as well have barelled in 100%. Whats it Roy said about better to be hung for a lamb as a sheep (or somethign like that)

Advertisement