Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

My car or instructors car for test?

Options
  • 22-06-2007 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭

My test is at the end of July (nooooo) I'm not sure if I should use my car or the instructors car for it? The reason i'm worried about using mine is that the clutch is a bit crappy and there's a few dents/scrapes in it from the previous owner also I think i'd be too relaxed and I know I've picked up bad habits. Am I shooting myself in the foot by practicing in one car and then using another for lessons/the test!??! :confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,991 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

tk123 wrote:
    the clutch is a bit crappy
    What about getting the clutch repaired?
    tk123 wrote:
    and there's a few dents/scrapes in it
    The examiner will not be in the slightest bit interested in the aesthetic nature of your car. :)
    tk123 wrote:
    Am I shooting myself in the foot by practicing in one car and then using another for lessons/the test!??! :confused::confused:
    Not necessarily. It is sometimes easier to concentrate and reduce bad habits in a 'strange' vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

My test is at the end of July too. I bought a car last week as I can't take the test in my instructor's car.
    I'm going to spend lots of time practising and getting to know it before the test though.

Best of luck tk123 - fingers crossed we both pass!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭wet-paint

I plan on doing it in my own car.
    The instructor 's car might have the lights and wipers on opposite levers to your car, which will bug the hell out of you in a test environment.
    You'll be used to the feel of the pedals of your own. I know the brakes on my instructor's are much lighter than my own, and it takes me about fifteen minutes to get used to them again, which might put you off during the test.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,038 ✭✭✭✭tk123

thanks guys. I decided to do it in my own over the weekend so I can concentrate on my driving instead of getting used to the car. I really hope I pass!! :D

Advertisement