Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

St. Pats vs Tottenham

• 22-06-2007 8:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭

St Pats have lined up a pre-season friendly with the mighty Spurs at Richmond Park on July 11th. Garerth Bale's and Darren Bent's debut.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Thanks chris :)

Afaik its not confirmed as we may be away that week in UEFA if drogs at home.

Recklesson can see a EL PL side at least once this season :)

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭Running Bing

KdjaCL wrote:
    Thanks chris :)

Afaik its not confirmed as we may be away that week in UEFA if drogs at home.

Recklesson can see a EL PL side at least once this season :)

kdjac

Pleeeeeeeeaaaaaassssssseeeeeee make this happen. Im a Pats fan and a Spurs fan( I am a much bigger Spurs fan though) this would be a dream. And Bent and Bales debut....Im drooling at the thought.

Still have memories from the game against Bohs:( Although tbh it didnt feel that bad, nice to have an Irish club get one up on a PL side. I reckon I would be a happy man if Pats win:D

Would rather get them in UEFA (oddly had dream we would ). Still not 100% its confirmed wont know for certain till next friday. But Crhis and Kerr are mates, we trying to get some irish wonderkid off spurs on loan but spurs are insisting he plays in our UEFA game/s.

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    Would rather get them in UEFA (oddly had dream we would ). Still not 100% its confirmed wont know for certain till next friday. But Crhis and Kerr are mates, we trying to get some irish wonderkid off spurs on loan but spurs are insisting he plays in our UEFA game/s.

kdjac

Not Terry Dixon?

Could be, he needs to toughen up so EL would be perfect for him to get kicked :)

kdjac

• Advertisement

KdjaCL wrote:
    Could be, he needs to toughen up so EL would be perfect for him to get kicked :)

kdjac

That would be great. Used to make every game in Richmond but I havent been getting down as much as I would like lately. Terry Dixon playing for Pats would certainly spark my interest big time:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

Would be delighted. Pats are my Irish team but Spurs are my main team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Garerth Bale's and Darren Bent's debut.

No it won't, Stevenage on 7th July we're bringing our "strongest squad"...

:D

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/matches/matches_frr.html

28th is possible, but all on UEFA really.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Babybing wrote:
    Not Terry Dixon?
    Must be him. The other Irish players there, excluding Keane, are Mark Yeates and Cian Hughton (son of Chris).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭SectionF

Babybing wrote:
    Still have memories from the game against Bohs:(
    :cool: :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Oh I'd love this to happen! Haven't had the chance to get across to the UK to watch Spurs so seeing them locally would be class!! Would it be easy enough to get tickets?

SuprSi wrote:
    Oh I'd love this to happen! Haven't had the chance to get across to the UK to watch Spurs so seeing them locally would be class!! Would it be easy enough to get tickets?

Ground will hold 7000 by then, assume 2500 pats fans go, the rest be irish spurs fans if there is that many. Shouldnt be a problem really.

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    Ground will hold 7000 by then, assume 2500 pats fans go, the rest be irish spurs fans if there is that many. Shouldnt be a problem really.

kdjac

Sold out Tolka Park back in 94 when Jurgen scored in a 1-0 win...

If its a Saturday there'll be a lot travelling from London.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 393 ✭✭Peter Collins

Ah memories.....

I did the world's longest piss after that match behind a truck....must have been about 3 litres.

What do you reckon are the chances of this happening kdjac? Is it all a bit pie in the sky at the moment or has anything solid been decided:confused:

Babybing wrote:
    What do you reckon are the chances of this happening kdjac? Is it all a bit pie in the sky at the moment or has anything solid been decided:confused:

It is happening just not sure whether its 11th or 28th.

kdjac

Its definitely not the 28th.

Spurs are still in South Africa that day:
    This time around it’s a three-team tournament and we kick-off against Kaizer Chiefs at the ABSA Stadium in Durban on Saturday July 21 (kick-off 3pm, local time).

We then travel south to Cape Town to face the Pirates at the famous Newlands Stadium on Tuesday July 24th (8pm).

The two South African teams face each other on Thursday July 26th in Port Elizabeth (8pm)_before we take on the winners in the final match at the Loftus Versfeld Stadium, Pretoria, on Saturday July 28 (3pm).

11th or nothing methinks, unless we send a reserve side...

27/06/2007 [13:39]
    PREMIERSHIP GLAMOUR TO COME TO INCHICORE The good news continues for fans of Saint Patrick’s Athletic Football Club. Currently 2nd in the eircom League of Ireland, and with a new board of directors in place to oversee the dawn of a new era for the Inchicore side, it has been confirmed that English giants Tottenham Hotspur will travel to Richmond Park to take on the “Saints” on Thursday July 12th with a provisional kick-off time of 7.45pm.

Announcing the fixture Director of Football, Brian Kerr said:

“This will be a really good test for us half way through our season and given the quality of the current Spurs squad it should prove to be a very attractive fixture, not just for our fans but for all football people in Dublin. Johnny McDonnell and I are conscious of the need to test our squad against the best opposition possible in advance of the UEFA Cup which starts a week later on Thursday July 19th 2007. “

Commenting, Club Chairman, Garrett Kelleher said:

“We have done a certain amount of work on the facilities at Richmond Park and while, longer term, we intend to refurbish the whole stadium, we are better positioned now to host such an exciting fixture. The FAI has facilitated us by moving our home League fixture with Longford Town from Friday 13th to Sunday July 15th. We are grateful to them and to Longford for their co-operation.”

The match will see Kerr and his former assistant at international level, Chris Hughton, who is 1st team coach at Spurs, on opposite sides and will also see one of Kerr’s protégés at underage level, Robbie Keane, play a club game in Ireland for the first time since he was made captain of Ireland.

Hughton, and manager Martin Jol, helped guide Spurs to a fifth place finish in last season’s FA Premiership and saw his team narrowly beaten by the eventual winners, Sevilla, in the quarter finals of the UEFA Cup, losing out 4-3 on aggregate.

Domestic fans are sure to come out in numbers to see the star-studded English visitors who include amongst their ranks the exciting trio of England internationals Aaron Lennon, Jermaine Jenas and Jermaine Defoe as well as the talented Bulgarian Dimitar Berbatov who forged such an effective partnership with Keane last season.

Ticket prices range from €35 for the main stand to €20 for general ground admission. A limited amount of concession tickets will be available for all areas of the stadium strictly on a one for one basis.
    Tickets will be available from tomorrow (Thursday 28th June) from St Patrick’s Athletic at Richmond Park, 125 Emmet Road, Inchicore, Dublin 8. The ticket hotline number is (01) 4546332

Confirmed, they can go and ****e if they think im paying that to see Spurs. Better not move the longford game either :eek:

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Holy good fúck.

Way to screw your real fans tbh.

Tbh, if Shels tried a stunt like that, for a fúcking friendly, I'd walk away from them.

• Advertisement

KdjaCL wrote:
    they can go and ****e if they think im paying that to see Spurs. Better not move the longford game either :eek:

kdjac

The less St. Pats fans there, the better it will be for us! One big party....happy days :D

Hmm.

I wonder will pat's actually get boo-ed out, at a home game.

I might go just to help with this!!:D

Whats Terry Dixon like ;)

I not going as i dont go to mid season pre season games, but if spurs fans and irish PL fans want to go fine make sure you get a pint too :D

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Sure for Pats its a chance to fleece the barstoolers and give the fringe players a runout if I was a Pats fan i wouldnt be too bothered really

gustavo wrote:
    Sure for Pats its a chance to fleece the barstoolers and give the fringe players a runout if I was a Pats fan i wouldnt be too bothered really

QFT

And we get Dixon on loan for the rest of the season.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

KdjaCL wrote:
    QFT

And we get Dixon on loan for the rest of the season.

kdjac
    Has this been confirmed?

KdjaCL wrote:
    Whats Terry Dixon like ;)

I not going as i dont go to mid season pre season games, but if spurs fans and irish PL fans want to go fine make sure you get a pint too :D

kdjac

Have'nt seen him play but the rumbles at the moment suggest he could be the next big thing....people at the spurs academy seem very very excited about him.

Stan called him up to the irish squad when he was'nt even playing for the reserves if Im not mistaken:eek: Although what that tells you I dont know:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

I may go along to this, it will be interesting to see how the junkies fair against Spurs, €20 cheapo ticket will do me grand
    seansouth wrote:
    Holy good fúck.

Way to screw your real fans tbh.

Tbh, if Shels tried a stunt like that, for a fúcking friendly, I'd walk away from them.

In fairness seansouth, Shels have done exactly the same thing in the past!

No going back now! :D

Dammit...anyone got a spare ManYoo season ticket?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

with my €5 discount as a season ticket holder it will be €15 same as a normal home game so ill probably go along

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

seansouth wrote:

Dammit...anyone got a spare ManYoo season ticket?

I don't have one of them but I'll give ya my Shelbourne vs Man United at Tolka in 1995 ticket stub I have here which BTW (pointing out your hypocrisy!) in fact cost 20 f**king pounds in 95 :eek: so you can then show it too all your mates on the barstools down in the boozer and show off just how hardcore of a Man U fan you are with your attendance record of 1 match in 12 years. They'll be so impressed..... :)

I've already got that one...

gustavo wrote:
    the barstoolers

Yawn :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

Has anyone managed to get tickets for this. The line has been constantly engaged this morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

s8n wrote:
    Has anyone managed to get tickets for this. The line has been constantly engaged this morning

same problem, anywhere online to book?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16 fsol

Howiya,
    Anybody else having problems ringing the St Pats number? A mate of mine was ringing all morning and finally booked some tickets but the muppet forgot to get any for me and some others. So I've been ringing 01 4546332 but keep getting "Error in connection". I just mailed their site but I'm not holding my breath on a quick reply.

cheers,
    fsol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

Just back from Richmond and there seemed to be a good lot of tickets there still. I got a few no problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Yawn :rolleyes:
    I like it , succint and witty :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 fsol

...ditpoker & sn8,

Just keep calling - I eventually got thru and am now the happy owner of 4 terrace tickets. You'd want to get your skates on thou:chap told me the tix are walking out the door and not many left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

just got through there, got 4 terrace tickets (all they have left). :p happy spurs fan (and semi pats fan from the campbell and gormley days!)

• Advertisement

Spurs fans in stand, season ticket holders on camac general terrace seems to be the shed.

Loads of tickets sold, well done spurs fans :D

Give Nuala a break shes busy today .

kdjac

Advertisement