Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Central Locking Problem

Options
  • 22-06-2007 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭

Wifes car, a micra.

Central locking locks the car at random. When driving, no problem. When parked and the keys left inside, a major problem.

I am not familiar with CL though I am very familiar with most circuits and handy with a multimeter.

Any tips?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

Buy a new car maybe :rolleyes:

I would imagine you may need to get it reset or it could actually be a problem with that particular key? Have you a spare, same thing happen?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

the locks are controlled by a negative pulse so if theres any breaks or frays in the wiring and it touches the metal of the car it will lock/unlock the doors,., have a good look over the wiring in the drivers kick panel and in the grommet going into the door to see if theres any damage.,

also, is there any aftermarket alarms or central locking installed, if so then it could be wired/setup incorrectly.,

Advertisement