Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

360 & PS3 versions to be different??

Options
  • 22-06-2007 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭

I've heard that Konami are using a new game engine for the PS3 version of Pro Evo 7 but the will just be upgrading the current engine used for the 360??

This will surely mean 2 completely different games, no??:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Everybody already hates Pro Evo on the XBox anyway so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭Batesy

I don't mate, I think it actually pretty good and actually prefered it to the ps2 gameplay wise.

The only gripes I have with it is the lack of editing etc. This will be included in the next version but I hope the PS3 version isn't loaded with extra's.

I'm a 360 owner, you see:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Batesy wrote:
    I'm a 360 owner, you see:D

So am i and a pc and ps owner, the 360 version is terrible. The new version will be the 360 engine updated for all other platforms. Something that doesnt fill me great confidence.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 9,187 ✭✭✭kensutz

They're working on the PS3 engine from the ground up and Sony will not allow them to show anything yet. There is supposed to be an unveiling today in Tokyo for PES7.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

It's now 11pm in Tokyo, so I guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

i heard that they will have different features so the ps3 might have edit team and no edit player and the xbox might have edit player and no edit team or something like that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

They've said the next games have full edit modes.

I think someone on here said that the PS3 version was up to 19gb on the Bluray already, so we could see a completely different game on the PS3 is than the 360 one. Could be BS though.

I still play the 360 version but I hate it, the chip shot is impossible in it. It's alot easier to do in the PS2/PC version, but in the 360 version the keeper always catches it or it balloons over.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Hasnt it been confirmed as Pro Evolution Soccer 2008?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭Oman

Mikeyt086 wrote:
    Hasnt it been confirmed as Pro Evolution Soccer 2008?
    i think so but it is stupid if it is because why would they change it from numbers to years but i'm not to sure

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Oman wrote:
    i think so but it is stupid if it is because why would they change it from numbers to years but i'm not to sure
    Because you cant really have PES14 can you? It had to end sometime.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭jodolan

Oman wrote:

To avoid winning eleven 11 they changed its name to pro evo 2007 ( which is pro evo 6 ) so i presume now to avoid pro evo 7 getting confused with pro evo 2007 i reckon they just said make them all 2008 this time . just a guess

Advertisement