Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ring ring ring ring ring Banana phone!

• 22-06-2007 10:59pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭

Annoying ringtone alert: Banana Phone!
    Watch it spread like a virus!
    The new Crazy Frog!
    You have been warned!
    By me!
    First!

A week from now, on de top decka de buus:
    [Ring ring ring ring ring Banana phone!]
    "Hello?
    Yeah, I'm on de buus...
    Yeah, abouh 20 minutes...
    Yeah, I'm wih Jessicah...
    Ahh ruihhh. Seeyeh."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭aphex™

First saw the ad months ago, haven't heard anyone with the tone. Then again, I don't hang around with 6 year olds.

I would hope people have learned to stay away from those subscription services by now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭Thrill

That tone's been around for a while now. I haven't heard it on anyones phone yet, thank God, cos it's dire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

God, it's annoying.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

fricatus wrote:
    Annoying ringtone alert: Banana Phone!
    Watch it spread like a virus!
    The new Crazy Frog!
    You have been warned!
    By me!
    First!
    First? I heard that damn thing over two years ago! There was even multiple versions back then - the simple one and the full orchestral version. Always figured it would come out and haunt the world but so far I've been proven wrong. Let's keep it that way...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

It is so old that this thread should be in the classical music forum tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

I haven't seen the ad, it's that Raffi song right? Cool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Shabadu wrote:
    It is so old that this thread should be in the classical music forum tbh.
    :D

Rofl.

I was thinking that meself. Nice one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

seansouth wrote:
    It was around yonks before the badgerphone remix. It's an old Raffi (kids entertainer) song that was sped up and put on the internet in antediluvian times. :)

Ah yeah, but I kind of assumed the OP was on about the Badger one.

By the looks of yer man Raffi, he was into a different kind of child entertainment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

It's great how all these Internet memes make it to the general public about 2 years later. Cat pics FTW in 2009. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 475 ✭✭Dutchology

A woman I work with, early forties, has this set as her ring tone... Nuff said :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Haven't heard it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

The original song is pretty cool... I must have missed out on the internet meme version...

The ring tone version is a bit sh*te though.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

It's just a way to illegally take money off kids.
    Can't see anyone old enough to buy it legally actually doing so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

I'm after winning a raffle yesterday so i'm gonna buy 20 badger suits and do a real life version of the "badger badger" beside the spire in town. Anybody interested? i just need to find 19 more people.

Women and people from Waterford need not apply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Welcome to 2005... seriously!

Had it on my phone ages ago just to irritate people.... then took it off a day later cos it annoyed the hole off me!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

basquille wrote:
    Had it on my phone ages ago just to irritate people.... then took it off a day later cos it annoyed the hole off me!
    Ah now I can admit I did the exact same thing. I only lasted a day with it myself before I wanted to smash my own phone against the wall. Chose to change my ring tone back as a better alternative.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Dun laoire wrote:
    I'm after winning a raffle yesterday so i'm gonna buy 20 badger suits and do a real life version of the "badger badger" beside the spire in town. Anybody interested? i just need to find 19 more people.
    http://www.badgerwatch.ie/html/shame.htm

Normally I would be against culling badgers, but in your case I'm prepared to make an exception.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,458 ✭✭✭CathyMoran

Just mentioned this thread to my hubby and he has been singing it ever since, am this far from...but seriously, it is a very annoying ring tone, though not as annoying as the frog ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

^^I'm just immune to them all at this stage:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

The girl sitting at work next to me has it. In her defense, she is from Tallaght.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭The Queen

My boyfriends mother has it as her ring tone. My god I want to beat her with the phone every time I hear it! ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

Does any one with a meteor phone want to send it to me??

God that'd be great!
    I can just see the looks on jealousy in the office and on the bus now....
    /me gazes off into own little deluded world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Crucifix wrote:
    I haven't seen the ad, it's that Raffi song right? Cool
    Correct-a-mundo. The gMod version rocks my boat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

HA, I had this as my ring tone at least a year and a half ago. Removed due to previously explained swiftly-descending extreme annoyance.

Rolleyes at the sheep-like general public catching on to the fashion of two years ago as usual :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Yeah I've had this on my phone for years too :D Use/d it as an alarm tone - gets ya outta bed to turn it off :D

Advertisement