Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What invention do you want to happen ?

13»

Comments

The flying jet bike that was in an episode of the simpsons. That would be so cool.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

The first windows os but I would want it a year or two before bill had it and I would probably rename it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭im_invisible

two words: hellraiser puzzle box

one hundred tiny hooks ripping the flesh off your body in a hundred different directions....
    i think i got some sort of time travelling device working here, is boards hosted somewhere near a black hole or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,269 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Maybe./Maybe not, why the hell you'd want toys like that I've no idea!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

A cloning machine, even if it was just for food. Imagine it, buy one Toffee Crisp or Moro, go home, and clone them a zillion times.

Or you could do the intelligent thing and clone Class A drugs.

Duggy747 wrote:
    A cloning machine, even if it was just for food. Imagine it, buy one Toffee Crisp or Moro, go home, and clone them a zillion times.

Or you could do the intelligent thing and clone Class A drugs.
    Clone yourself to harvest organs for sale on the black market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

A Light Sabre. Not sure what I'd do with it, but how ****ing cool would that be.

Oh and the ability to control things with my mind

and an x-wing fighter

Actually, I just want to be a Jedi Knight.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

A Light Sabre. Not sure what I'd do with it, but how ****ing cool would that be.

Heat your coffee up when it gets cold?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Cutting wood?

Lighting a fag?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Alanthroneus

Heat your coffee up when it gets cold?

completly off topic. but i worked with a polish guy who drank cold coffee... it was horrrible

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

I want my flying car already, damnit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I want a jacket that plays a song everytime you open it up - kinda like those birthday cards that plays happy birthday except with a jacket and not happy birthday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

A gene-putter-righter that you'd clap on your wrist and it would instantly fix all the genetic mistakes that make you have high cholesterol, short sight, asthma, etc.

A cheap and fast source of energy that would put all the warmongers out of business because no one would need oil any more.

Instant happiness that would change depression into creativity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

A machine that would carry my baby around the house, allowing me to do tasks that require 2 hands! Babes likes to be carried and walked around, she's very heavy and my arms ache.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

You used to be able to get backpacks, which worked until a kid was around two, though they seem to have disappeared from the streets lately. Sore if you have long hair, as they awaken an atavistic need for the little monkey to swing out of your hair.

Aha, they're still around:

http://www.instinctiveparenting.com/products/ergo_baby_carrier/13/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

a constant energy source made from magnets that we could live off forever! :rolleyes:

Advertisement