Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

iphone guided tour

• 23-06-2007 1:08am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭

apologies for yet another iphone thread...
    15 - 20 min vid showcasing various features of the upcoming iphone... its a nice walkthrough...
    you can easily see how practically the world and his wife will want this "smartphone".
    It hit me while watching it that this will be the first (and probably only) convergence device for millions, and people will tout email, internet and music player on a phone "revolutionary" etc etc.. still its carrier dependent for all data.. with no hsdpa.. nor even 3G.. it still amazes me... even the americans are fed up with edge...

http://www.apple.com/iphone/usingiphone/guidedtour.html?cid=CDM-US-iPhone-5405A&sr=em&cp=ip-bob

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

is the large downloadable trailer quicktime yeh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

didn't bother d/loading... streamed large format.. loads fast.

sync desktop safari bookmarks with iphone... now we know another reason for the recent windows port of safari...can't wait to see some you tube clips next week of this browser loading full webpages over edge.... loading boards.ie is slow enough over 3G even using skweezer! time will tell..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

just half way through watching this, i have to say i'm very impressed with the UI. but other than that the lack of 3G etc. is what will make me wait until it's revised before i splurge the cash.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 233 ✭✭fattestman

Mobile telephony in Ireland is definitely going the way of 3G technology so do you guys reckon it'll take off. I mean it looks impressive and all, but no 3g is real drawback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

fattestman wrote:
    Mobile telephony in Ireland is definitely going the way of 3G technology so do you guys reckon it'll take off. I mean it looks impressive and all, but no 3g is real drawback.

It will be 3G when it gets here; a lot of things will develop on it as time goes by. That visual voicemail is the dogs'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

quintron wrote:
    apologies for yet another iphone thread...
    15 - 20 min vid showcasing various features of the upcoming iphone... its a nice walkthrough...
    you can easily see how practically the world and his wife will want this "smartphone".

No need to apologise! :-) I'd walk over cut class for this....N95, despite 3.5G, 5 mega-pixels etc, Nokia Media Transfer, ain't even at the races.

Advertisement