Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Silent Ringtones should be banned !

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭Shadowless

I can just about hear 17.7kHz and I'm only just turned 20!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

I can't hear past 16.7 and I'm 18. Very scary, but my speakers are AWFUL. I'm trying this again on someone else's pc...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭singingstranger

I can hear all but the 22.4kHz one. Granted, it gets very, VERY dim on me up closer to the top, I'm not sure if that's from my speakers or my ears.

By the way, I can't hear the tone on the ad either, and I'm 20.

While testing these frequencies, don't forget that most audio systems are optimised for Adults hearing ranges.

As it is I can hear 14.9Khz (better if I use headphones)

Not bad for someone the wrong side of 45

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,550 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Methinks there is a market for a supersonic blaster !

A small device with pizeoelectric speaker and some electronics. You set it to just beyond the limit of your hearing. If it detects several seconds of rythmic sound above that limit it emits it back again at 120dB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

basquille wrote:
    Can only hear up to 14.1kHz!
    same and I'm 17. Worrying...........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 520 ✭✭✭frodi

frodi wrote:
    I can hear up to 21Hz. 46 year old and I thought that my hearing was sh1t, but maybe it's not so bad.

Update, I played it with my two sons (13 & 6). they could hear them all but to hear them again I had to turn the volume up to max. This was too painful for both of them. The 13 year old recorded the sound off the speakers for his own mobile.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,810 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I can hear the 17 but not 18, and I can hear the other sample (from the Times) and yes I can hear the wheeeeee sound not background. I had a hearing test recently and established I have some hearing loss. I'm 60....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,353 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

biko wrote:
    Put it on vibrate only?
    Call and vibrate your g/f?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Mawg

wah, I can only hear the first two on http://www.ultrasonic-ringtones.com/

I tell people I'm goin' deaf and they don't believe me :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭speaktofrank

i can hear all of them except the last one and i am 29. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭dame

lemansky wrote:
    I can't hear the very last one!

Ditto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

THE LAST ONE IS A FAKE!!!

If you say u can hear that on the poll, it will tell you there was no sound and it was a dud to catch the liars!

im 24 and have the ears of a thirtysomething apparently. Rock Concerts FTW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

My limit is 21.1kHz:D
    I am 18, so this could worsen over the years:/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 290 ✭✭Tak3n

Zillah wrote:
    I'm seriously begining to think that website is bullshit.

Can anyone hear the last one?

noone can hear the last one cause theres no sound being played on it

you silly c*nts :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement