Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early morning scumbag call

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 dspikey

I live on Wellview Avenue and im not a scumbag before anyone suggests it, i go to college monday to friday and work sat and sunday. Im so sick of little ****in junkie scumbag skanger ***** in wellview and the surrounding area. There is one in particular who causes trouble screaming at the top of her voice usually pulling the hair out of another female skanger. Id just like to know her name. She had bad dyed blonde hair goes knacker drinking fights a lot has a very very hoarse voice and im not sure but she might have had her kids taken away from her recently. One night at three o clock in the morning i actually heard her shouting at gardi saying "yis are very ****in brave when yis are in groups arent yis" gardi replied "take your baby and go home mrs" no joke lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

Was it one of these types?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 dspikey

Nordie wrote: »
    I'm in Parslickstown and its just as bad, a few of us have had our front windows put in on several occasions, I've also had my car damaged and car window smashed by a brick meant for one of the neighbours, we also have the kids sitting on the walls drinking and our gardens are constantly littered with broken beer & spirit bottles. We have been phoning the Gardai and writing to the local Councillors & TDs to do something for the past few years and finally they are holding meetings, I hope some form of action comes from the meetings as we are all at the end of our tether at this stage. We don't want to move and why should we let these scumbags put us out of our homes.

I Live on wellview avenue and im lucky to have really good neighbours each side of me but it ends there pretty much, the road im on is ok mostly families its s small road but my ma just had trouble with a junkie from around the corner about my dog. He says my dog bit his ankle even though our dog lives in the back garden and we take him out on a lead hes a medium size mutt kind of a stupid dog lol he comes to my door saying "It was a few days ago i had to go to the hospital its probably gone now, me mas a nurse and she blah blah" if his ma is a nurse then why didnt she do it for free, he never went near a hospital and now hes threatening to have him put down lol stupid **** he came round threatening my ma and shouting for a what started with fifty and ended up as "gimme a tenor" and of course "do you know who i am ill sort you out". I know who he is hes a 25 year old junkie whos still living at home with his mother and he can **** off if he thinks were givin him any ****ing money.

Guessing my mas car is going to be smashed in tonight. not looking forward to this at all. Im so ****ing sick of skangers.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭#Smokey#

you coulndt tell me that guys name could you. blank bits out so only locals wud know him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭Bernard Hopkins

why ?...can you help

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

@ gazzer... No, they didn't, which is suprising as we know all our neighbours, we've been living here the last 20 years as have all of them. They just sat in their houses twitching their curtains. I guess it's a fear thing. They fear that if they go out and give out that they will be targetting specifically.

Its a law thing as well. You can't touch them as your adults unless you have no fear of prison time. The courts will lock you up even faster as the gardai can identify where you live easier than trying to track down hoody wearing skangers in the middle of the night.

Unfortunately thats how it is, the law is way too much against the victim especially on retaliation, a f**kin joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

What are laws like regarding citizens arrest in Ireland? For instance, if you find one of these ****ers in your back garden, can you get him on the ground, and hold him down until the guards come or can the little sh1t come back and sue you then?

Archimedes wrote: »
    What are laws like regarding citizens arrest in Ireland? For instance, if you find one of these ****ers in your back garden, can you get him on the ground, and hold him down until the guards come or can the little sh1t come back and sue you then?

You can't hurt him. If you manage to detain him, you'd have to prove you caught him at something with good reason.
    Good reason being, you detained him after the criminal act was committed rather than before. Self-defence only goes so far(this was highlighted in Nally case and law was not changed)

He can claim that your falsely imprisoning him, after all he could just say 'i hopped over the wall as i thought my football went in blah' so its best you can prove he did something wrong rather than something he 'might' do.

It really is the pits ain't it?

In the olden days(pre 70s), if somebody stepped out of line and lets say mugged an old lady in the street, you'd have 30 blokes chasing the offender and give him a hiding and nothing would happen to the vigilantes. Of course this put fear into any would be mugger not to do it in the first place.

Fast forward same situation to today, if i was one of those 30, i'd have to put a balaclava on to avoid harsh prosecution for offending the offenders 'rights'

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭l3LoWnA

God I've been hoping a scumbag would rob my car for years now! No such luck, nothing exciting happens where I live :(

Seriously though, sounds like an awful neighbourhood, glad I live in the sticks :D

I'd be gone out of there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Since I originally started this thread we have had more and more incidents in the area.

Seems to be drug dealing almost every day and night.
    My car and my neighbours car was smashed in a few weekends back on a Friday and then again on a Sunday.
    Some scumbags from Dromheath threw a firework into the letterbox of one of the apartments and the whole thing caught fire
    Caught a guy pissing against my neighbours door. When I confronted him about it he tried to throw a bottle of beer at me.. He then went to ring his mates to sort me out so I took my camera phone out and took a photo of hime. Told him if anything happened to me the photo was been brought to Blanch garda station.
    There is a vigilante gang in our estate now as a lot of the residents are sick of having their property damaged so have got together to teach the scum a thing or two. I deplore violence but I dont blame them cos the gardai cant be everywhere at once and by the time they DO come the scum are long gone.

I have written endless letters to the council asking them do they think it is fair that I have to pay a mortgage of 1500 euro to live in hell hole. They have NEVER gotten back to me. I have paid over 2,500 in management fees to a useless management company and yet because I refuse to pay my management company fees anymore due to the trouble we are having (and the management companys refusal to even look putting in CCTV or other deterents) I am looking at the prospect of been brought to court

Have spent the last few weekends looking at houses in Kildare and Meath.. Really want to get out of this area now.. Just seems to be full of scumbags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

#Smokey# wrote: »
    you coulndt tell me that guys name could you. blank bits out so only locals wud know him
    No names are to be given here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

Call the guards, call the council. Use your phone camera to take pictures of the offenders. Thats all you can do legally.

The guards around here seem to operate on an escalating offences system, the more calls you make from an area, the more guards they send out on each subsequent call, although it may be just here. The council can move people along if they are living in council estates, so tell them too.

I was thinking of setting up a site, scumbagsireland.com or something, where you can post your photos and videos of the swine in action. Sort of a name and shame on a national level. Probably get sued though, mores the pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Its time like this that I'm really glad I live in Blackrock :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

azezil wrote: »
    Heh..just a dart trip away now darling ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭DaBreno

I was thinking of setting up a site, scumbagsireland.com or something, where you can post your photos and videos of the swine in action. Sort of a name and shame on a national level. Probably get sued though, mores the pity.

Nice idea but I suspect that the little knacks would make an extra effort if they knew they could get on a website like that. ie Your not a "proper" little sociopath until you can sit in an Internet cafe with your equally repulsive mates and watch your actions on the web.

Organ harvesting : its the only way this will be resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

azezil wrote: »

heh, smile now boy. And when they put a council estate in beside you ill laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭irishfeller

Mulhuddart seems like one of the worst areas for scum.

Sounds like the options are

1) Move up the road (Ongar is a decent quiet spot with gaffs of same price as Mulhuddart.)
    2) Install a sniper nest on your roof.

DaBreno wrote: »
    Nice idea but I suspect that the little knacks would make an extra effort if they knew they could get on a website like that. ie Your not a "proper" little sociopath until you can sit in an Internet cafe with your equally repulsive mates and watch your actions on the web.

Organ harvesting : its the only way this will be resolved.

Agreed.

It'd just become a website where they can show off their deeds.

Do as someone else said and find out where they live and do the exact same thing to them. But first make sure to get some sort of footage of them doing something illegal to you, so that if they try and press charges, they'd be bringing themselves down as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,048 ✭✭✭SimpleSam06

DaBreno wrote: »
    Nice idea but I suspect that the little knacks would make an extra effort if they knew they could get on a website like that.
    It'd just become a website where they can show off their deeds.
    This ain't youtube I'm talking about. First of all you could have comments where people could rip the piss out of the little piggies in all their glory, in public. Can't view your photos without also seeing a hundred people calling you a sorry little mummy's boy with fashion sense that might be described as "early garbage skip". I bet that will go well with the street cred.

Secondly you'd be known in the shops where you shop, the places you go in public, and everyone from bus drivers to teachers will recognise your mug. The world is a smaller and scarier place when you may be guaranteed the staff at McDonalds are sneezing into your big mac. Every face you see you'd be wondering "would this fella piss on me if I was on fire? Is he thinking about lighting me on fire?"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Mulhuddart seems like one of the worst areas for scum.

Sounds like the options are

1) Move up the road (Ongar is a decent quiet spot with gaffs of same price as Mulhuddart.)
    2) Install a sniper nest on your roof.

rofl :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

This ain't youtube I'm talking about. First of all you could have comments where people could rip the piss out of the little piggies in all their glory, in public. Can't view your photos without also seeing a hundred people calling you a sorry little mummy's boy with fashion sense that might be described as "early garbage skip". I bet that will go well with the street cred.

Secondly you'd be known in the shops where you shop, the places you go in public, and everyone from bus drivers to teachers will recognise your mug. The world is a smaller and scarier place when you may be guaranteed the staff at McDonalds are sneezing into your big mac. Every face you see you'd be wondering "would this fella piss on me if I was on fire? Is he thinking about lighting me on fire?"

Great Idea :-)

what happens when you shout "Anto Ya Scumbag !!" in Dublin ??

https://us.v-cdn.net/6034073/uploads/attachments/23565/46779.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭salonfire

Is there a website which allows people rate their area? Kinda along the lines of ratemyteacher or something?

Story in todays paper which could echo what could happen to our boardside friends in Mulhuddart if they lose the rag :)

Householder up for common assault in court for throwing a rock at a teenager. Houselholder alleges that he was been terrorised by youths damaging his property over many weeks and he threw the rock which hit the teenager when he lost the rag with them.
    Of course, teenager claims innocence and makes complaint to gardai hence court appearance for householder.

Poing being, be careful what you do to retaliate, the gardai can be much faster nabbing you than the skangers, you end up getting arrested, charged, put through the courts system with all the added stress and worry nevermind your job on the line while the skangers just laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Moojuice

That is the problem, we (normal non-scumbags) have a lot to lose, they do not. They have nothing, so prison is not a deterrant to them. I can really see a situation arising were vigilante gangs roam around at night beating known scumbags, I think it is getting that bad. Most people know where all the trouble takes place and who causes it but are powerless to do anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

dspikey wrote: »
    I Live on wellview avenue and im lucky to have really good neighbours each side of me but it ends there pretty much, the road im on is ok mostly families its s small road but my ma just had trouble with a junkie from around the corner about my dog. He says my dog bit his ankle even though our dog lives in the back garden and we take him out on a lead hes a medium size mutt kind of a stupid dog lol he comes to my door saying "It was a few days ago i had to go to the hospital its probably gone now, me mas a nurse and she blah blah" if his ma is a nurse then why didnt she do it for free, he never went near a hospital and now hes threatening to have him put down lol stupid **** he came round threatening my ma and shouting for a what started with fifty and ended up as "gimme a tenor" and of course "do you know who i am ill sort you out". I know who he is hes a 25 year old junkie whos still living at home with his mother and he can **** off if he thinks were givin him any ****ing money.

Guessing my mas car is going to be smashed in tonight. not looking forward to this at all. Im so ****ing sick of skangers.

What part of the Avenue are you on? I lived there for 20 years. There was a lot of trouble up our way when that lad got shot in the Shanty fields... (long story, PM if wanted.). Also, a couple of robberies, and a couple of shots fired at some houses. Nothing ever happened to our house specifically. Except for when they put my dad's van window through.

Gazzer: Pity you're thinking of selling up, the majority of people living in Mulhuddart are nice, it's a bad thing you don't get to see those people more often.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

OP are you in castlecurragh vale or heath? I have a friend in vale. when i lived in dublin i visited there a lot, but would never want to live there.

I'm so glad i moved back to the midlands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

buy an air soft gun, with metel peelets, and have fun pointing and making them dance (you can always shoot at them if you want)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

If only a vigilante group went about branding 'Scumbag' onto the foreheads of anyone caught gettin up to naughtyness.....

What are the laws on branding in self defence?

TPD wrote: »
    If only a vigilante group went about branding 'Scumbag' onto the foreheads of anyone caught gettin up to naughtyness.....

What are the laws on branding in self defence?

Doubt you'd have enough time to light a fire, stoke it 'til its warm enough, place the brander in for long enough and then brand them.

However if you sit in your garden all day with one pre-heated then it might work.

• Advertisement

Story in England about group of 5 youths on trial for murder. They beat a father of two to death after he confronted them about a break-in to his car. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/merseyside/7101912.stm

At least over there, they'll get long prison terms without a doubt. Here they'll plead 'disadvantage' and get slap on wrist!

Advertisement