Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Vredestein tyres - good price?

Options
  • 23-06-2007 8:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭

Would really appreciate some feedback ASAP on this.

I had a slow puncture on Friday so popped into a local tyre centre in Galway. Guy said I really need to change all 4 tyres as they were at/legal limit (which they are - I had not noticed). I decided there and then to change the front 2 and he said he would track/give me a discount if I came back for the back 2 (have to get brake pads as well anyway). Would really like to call in this morning and get the lot but wanted to double check his price first to make sure I'm not getting shafted. He is changing me E120 per tyre for Vredestein tyres which are supposed to be top of the line. So E480 for all 4 tracked (and maybe a bit of a discount). He quoted me E80 for breack pads. I'm thinking he's genuine as quick fit quoted E120 for break pads :rolleyes:

If anyone could feedback ASAP I'd appreciate it as I'm hoping to go in early this morning.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

€480 for all in seems ok. Although I am sure someone here will be "oh you could get them cheaper on eiretyres.com". Don't have the exact spec of the Verdestein tyres you are looking at but they are generallly a "good" tyre. I got two bridgestone on the front as while ago for €110 each - so without any more info I'd hazard a guess that the price is about right.

<edit> I just spotted (late night) that he's gonna check tracking and I assume balance for all that. That then seems like a good price to me </edit>

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭daveg

I rang around before I called into him. Crowed in Athole do them for E90 + tracking. Crowed in Athenry do them for E100. Got him to come down to E100X4 for the tyres including tracking and got my breakpads fitted for E100 so I'm happy. Thanks for the reply jayok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

What size are they?

Last time I got Vredestein they were 44 each fitted and balanced. T-Trac. Set of 4. Not very good tyres TBH (T-Tracs, that is)

For around the 120 mark I'd be expecting 17" Sport tracs?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The last tyres I had on my current car were Vredestein "SportTrac", bought them for €105 each (17"). They are a good tyre with plenty of grip even in the wet.

A couple of months ago I replaced them with Toyo Proxes T1-Rs. I find them to be a great tyre so far, granted they are a softer compound but have less road noise than the SportTracs.

Advertisement