Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Serious assualt

Options
  • 23-06-2007 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭

just to keep ye updated....

http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/0623/wexford.html

Man critically hurt in Wexford assault
    Saturday, 23 June 2007 12:40
    A man is in a critical condition in hospital following an assault in Wexford this morning.

Another man has been arrested in connection with the incident.

The man in his 30s was assaulted in George St in Wexford town at around 2.30am this morning.

AdvertisementThe victim, who is from Wexford town, received serious head injuries during the attack and was brought to Wexford General Hospital, where he is said to be in a critical condition.

A 20-year-old local man was arrested at the scene and taken to Wexford Garda station.

He was detained under Section 4 of the Criminal Justice Act and can be held for a maximum of 24 hours.

Anyone who was in the area of George street, Abbey Street and North Main Street between 2am and 2.30am this morning, and may have witnessed the assault is asked to contact Wexford Garda station on 053-9165200.

for anyone who doesnt know, abbey street is where the back entrance to whites used to be

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,276 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

yeah heard about this today alright, no details yet though afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 kopparberg

the man arrested was released pending a file to the d.p.p. if the assault is that serious and it appears to be why was he not charged assault and put on remand?????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

they wait to see the lads condition, the patitent is still in icu in wex general, whether thats a good or bad thing, i dont know....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Yeah this is crazy, everyone knows who made the attack though..haven't heard anything fresh on the guys condition tho?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,156 ✭✭✭Zhane

I've heard from numerous people today who the attacker was. Not mentioning any names at all. The guy attack someone else in broad day light there a few months back with loads of witnesses, and now hes released almost immediately after this latest more brutal attack. What exactly has this guy that he keeps getting away with it (tho he cant get away with this one surely?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

the victim is from king street i think, and the actacker is just outside wexford(wont name names)

i think 2 guards were close by and nearly witnessed it but im not sure about that one

the victim is still in icu with serious head injuries in wexford general(last i heard), still dont knmow if thats good or bad cause if there was hope, he would have been moved to beaumont but if they couldnt do anything, they would have left him. or maybe his condition is improving??

Advertisement