Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

K750i cover change, gone horribly wrong!!!

• 23-06-2007 1:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭

Hi, i tried to change my housing on my k750, but it is gone all wrong, after i tried to put it all back together, the screen wouldnt work!! but it vibrated when it turned on.......so its just the screen not working, if i take it as broken..what would be my best route to go/cheapest way of getting a k750 again??? if i sent it to a repair shop, how much would that cost??? probably the cheapest??? buy a used one off ebay???? comments apreciated.

Comments

Reasonably priced phones from expansys.ie, you should have left well enough alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

If the phone is less than 24 months old, it may still be covered by warranty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭abcxyz123

the phone is only 4/5 months old........but i doubt this will be covered under warranty??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

The warranty stopped as soon as the OP removed the origional cover. The K750i does not have a cover designed to be taken off by the customer only by a trained S.E. technician.

You could try putting the origional cover back on, and saying nothing about the replacement cover, you may be able to blag a repair.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭abcxyz123

gillo wrote:
    The warranty stopped as soon as the OP removed the origional cover. The K750i does not have a cover designed to be taken off by the customer only by a trained S.E. technician.

You could try putting the origional cover back on, and saying nothing about the replacement cover, you may be able to blag a repair.

any chance of leaving the new cover on, sendind it back to o2????? because my old cover is all F***ED up!!, or i could buy a new black cover and slap it back on???

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

As the guy above said .. see if you can put the original cover back on and see if you can get a repair. Just play dumb. The guy in the repair centre might do it, might not - only one way to see :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I'd take apart again and attempt to put it together. I've done a W800i so I know how easy it is to get the cable connector wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 612 ✭✭✭MisterKipling

ive taken apart a good few phones and had that similar problem..usually its due to u having put back the cover on wrong and its pushing up against the screen cable that fits on to the motherboard (so to speak) of the phone...jst take it apart this time taking extra care to ensure everything is fitting properly and check screen connector...

Advertisement