Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camp Cairde '96

• 09-01-2006 4:23pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭

I was in Ballyfin for an International Guide Camp, what year was that? The camp for split into 4 provinces and each mini-camp within the provinces were named after rivers from the province. Was anyone at that?

Sorry for the slight thread hijack but if someone can tell me the year I'll split this off and start a new thread about it. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭campervan

I was in Ballyfin for an International Guide Camp, what year was that? The camp for split into 4 provinces and each mini-camp within the provinces were named after rivers from the province. Was anyone at that?

Sorry for the slight thread hijack but if someone can tell me the year I'll split this off and start a new thread about it. :)

I was at it! I was a young Guide, my second international camp. we were the 'Clare' camp, named after the river! It was 1996, Campa Cairdre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭catch--22

I remeber the little books everyone got....I still have mine somewhere. And if you completed a number of tasks you got one of the gold woggles! Again...mine is floating around somewhere!

I was on camp Derg!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I was in Camp Eskey in the Connemara province.

I know I was little irked as our province neckers were orange the same as my company one, so I didn't get a new one to wear :(

Oh did any one else do the overnight survival with the young leaders/rangers up in the forest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Kristie_D

Oh wow, this is brilliant, just idly googled the camp name tonight and am delighted to see all of yoru posts. I was one of the Australian Guides.. well I was a Ranger Guide. I have a lot of fond memories of the camp and still have the t-shirt and a few mementos. I also enjoyed the lovely hospitality of a family in Ballincollig, Geraldine was the daughter and she had sisters Ruth and Moira. I also recall another wonderful girl I made friends with named Martine or Martina and a couple of welsh girls one who was a gymnast and was called Cerys I believe (wow can't believ emy brain has recalled all of this info so many years after!). I believe I was in Camp Clare. Lovley to share the memories with everyone.

Advertisement