Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Celebration Time!

Options
  • 23-06-2007 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭

So what are you all gonna do with yourselves now the books have been consigned to the dustbin of death?

This summer is gonna cost a bomb between debs and other such stuff.....:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭fionated7

iv jus been sleepin loads since i finished.. my body jus shut down after all the stress. all sick n stuff i am

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

In town last night, maybe one more night out before I head off Interrailing on wednesday!! It was such an amazing feeling getting up this morning knowing there was no more study to do!!
    But this summer is gonna cost a lot, and there isnt much time for a job to earn anything back...

ah stop, if people mention to me about getting a job again il crack up!!
    sure id only be able to work in july at this stage.. August will b filled wiv debs n results n cao offers(or the lack of), then gotta sort accomodation n stuff.. will this sixth yr business ever end?

fionated7 wrote:
    sure id only be able to work in july at this stage.. August will b filled wiv debs n results n cao offers(or the lack of), then gotta sort accomodation n stuff.. will this sixth yr business ever end?

What? That'd take up a tiny fraction of your time. There's nothing you can do now until your results come out so it's a little silly saying that you can't work in August!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Fúck getting a job!

I'm so not arsed. I've enough money to keep me going for the summer anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

I have a job lined up but I kinda don't really want to do it now tbh.
    Want to spend this summer like the last one, not working, lots of gaming, lots of TV and basically arseing around doing nothing. Mind you I am planning to try and lose all this weight that I put on during 6th year ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

JC 2K3 wrote:
    Fúck getting a job!

I'm so not arsed. I've enough money to keep me going for the summer anyway.

That's my plan/thought too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

ZorbaTehZ wrote:
    I have a job lined up but I kinda don't really want to do it know tbh.

This shows the LC is over :D

Gaming.. I'm installing CSS now :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

ZorbaTehZ wrote:
    I have a job lined up but I kinda don't really want to do it know tbh.
    Want to spend this summer like the last one, not working, lots of gaming, lots of TV and basically arseing around doing nothing. Mind you I am planning to try and lose all this weight that I put on during 6th year ...

Same plan here:D

Myth wrote:
    What? That'd take up a tiny fraction of your time. There's nothing you can do now until your results come out so it's a little silly saying that you can't work in August!

iv four debs to go to, will not be wanting to work on the day the results come out, wont want to be working if i have to sort out appealing results or whatever.. then wont want to working if i have to want until third or fourth round of cao offers... n then trying to find accomodation in whatever city the college i do get offered is situated..

and thats before the fact that some people want to enjoy the summer after been stuck in books for a year, lets face it chances are this will be the last summer we will get away with not working.. gonna hit the real world soon, gonna have to work through college and then u enter the working world.

you're here for a good time, not for a long time!!!!!

• Advertisement

fionated7 wrote:
    iv jus been sleepin loads since i finished.. my body jus shut down after all the stress. all sick n stuff i am

I have had that problem for the last few days:eek:
    I got this "Flu" like sickness and literally could not get up out of bed from a combination of:

[*]Sore throat.

[*]A blocked nose.

[*]Muscle aches.
      [*]Fever.
      I wonder if Post-Leaving cert stress disorder exists.

*Sigh*

its possible.

its put me in a foul humour too, keep getting mad at people over nothing.

i wonder if we could press charges against the state examinations commission? after

fionated7 wrote:
      iv four debs to go to, will not be wanting to work on the day the results come out, wont want to be working if i have to sort out appealing results or whatever.. then wont want to working if i have to want until third or fourth round of cao offers... n then trying to find accomodation in whatever city the college i do get offered is situated..

and thats before the fact that some people want to enjoy the summer after been stuck in books for a year, lets face it chances are this will be the last summer we will get away with not working.. gonna hit the real world soon, gonna have to work through college and then u enter the working world.

you're here for a good time, not for a long time!!!!!

And I agree. I'm presently doing the same thing having just finished college, but to say that you'd "only be able to work in July" (implying you wouldn't be able to work in August) is different from saying that you would not like to work.

As well as this, most jobs were flexible in relation to LC results, in giving time off on the day (or two days :)) of the results.

Myth wrote:
      And I agree. I'm presently doing the same thing having just finished college, but to say that you'd "only be able to work in July" (implying you wouldn't be able to work in August) is different from saying that you would not like to work.

Mate, we don't need your seriousness here, if you're looking for an argument try some other forum.

fionated7 wrote:
      its possible.

its put me in a foul humour too, keep getting mad at people over nothing.

i wonder if we could press charges against the state examinations commission? after

Yeah the "irritable" stage with regards to peers hit me too before the exams.
      Its mad that all the tension has just.....vanished:D, well at least until the 15th of August:/
      I doubt the SEC give a **** about peoples wellbeing tbh.
      Can you even count the days of "proper" sleep during the exams?, I cant.

ZorbaTehZ wrote:
      Mate, we don't need your seriousness here, if you're looking for an argument try some other forum.

I'm not looking for an argument. I'm simply posting my opinion which is in difference to the opinion of another poster.

Naikon wrote:

me neither.. i'd be really tired and as soon as i shut my eyes all sorts of formulae and quotes and theories would be whizzing around in my head.. and once to got to 5 am id keep waking up for fear i'd sleep it out:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Naikon wrote:
      The latest I stayed up til the night before an exam was 12:30, and I only got up extra early before Irish(got up at 6:30am to learn Stair na Teanga).

So, I slept relatively well during the exams....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 482 ✭✭Steve01

Ah, its such a great feeling knowing I never have to study for the Leaving Cert again :) Celebrations are in order tonight as I'm going out for dinner with friends. If most of them weren't complete hermits I'd probably be going out more often.

Also, I have a job starting next Thursday! It consists of cleaning up the local beach. What better way to spend the summer than on the beach eh? Even if the job itself is manky... ah well, at least I'll have dosh and lots of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

My last exam was yesterday(Ag Science) and my class went out boozing last night. I didn't drink much ncoz I'm not a heavy drinker.

After 1, we went to a house party. I left at 2:30 bcoz there was destruction going on in the Kitchen and every1 was moody from being drunk.

Anyhoo, working tonight in a nite club. So, no possibility of me getting any time to go out again tonite.

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭lemansky

Drink..........

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭kisaragi

Feels so good to be finished! (Apart from that horrible feeling in my stomach from mixing too many drinks last night :D)

I'm going to sweden on monday (random eh?) and then working starting the 16th of July :D 9-5, five days a week... good for money, bad for fun haha.. Same thing I did last year though so I know it's not TOO bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

lets face it chances are this will be the last summer we will get away with not working

I've been saying this to myself for the last three years but finally realised that this Summer I'll need to work full time if I want to be able to have an easy college life :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

I've been saying this to myself for the last three years but finally realised that this Summer I'll need to work full time if I want to be able to have an easy college life :)

Ditto. I'm starting work on Monday. its all very well to be able to sit around doing nothing, just cause we can. But for me anyway, that gets boring, and I'd much rather work, to earn money to be able to do stuff with my friends, and to not have to worry about where the money's gonna come from if I want to buy something.
      For me, the summer before I turned sixteen was my last summer to do nothing. Since then, I've worked the last two summers. Sure, this summer is the last before I actually have to start acting like a responsible adult, and taking care of myself, but its not a summer for lazing around doing sweet fcuk all either.
      Still though, sweet freedom eh. What a relief. if the results went my way, life would officially be bliss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭______

this summer i plan on reading learning instruments and seeing if 800euro can last me all summer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

I'm next for the Leaving Cert.

:eek:

Timans wrote:
      I'm next for the Leaving Cert.

:eek:

Pwned.

ZorbaTehZ wrote:
      Pwned.
      But, I've been playing CSS for the past few weeks guilt free...

:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

Enjoy it while you can child.

• Advertisement

Selphie wrote:
      Enjoy it while you can child.
      You've been finished your LC two seconds and already getting patronising?

:p

Advertisement