Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ROOF BOX For Knaus Traveller 708 TI

Options
  • 23-06-2007 2:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Went to Halfords Car Accessories to have one fitted and they couldnt.

They said the bars on the roof were to thick. Being completely ignorant on these matters can anyone shed some light on a solution.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

My roofbars/rails sit verticle and are mabey 2inches tall. I think the standard roofbars for a roofbox lie flat so possibly their clamps aren't compatable. I'm sure longer bolts might solve the problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭3ps

I just took my roofbox off my Knaus and it was fairly standard, but yes the bolts were longer than the ones I used on my car.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Rolex

Thanks Stapeler and 3ps.

I went back to Halfords and discovered the bolts they had were long enough. They just gave me an excuse that it could not be fitted because it was being fitted to a camper. Which takes a bit more effort than throwing it on the roof of a car. Thanks again for the tip on longer bolts, if I had not gone back and asked to see the bolts I would never have known.

Advertisement