Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

clear plastic bottles from Boots

• 23-06-2007 2:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭

Hi
    Am flying with ryanair next week and need to get some plastic bottles for my carry on. Can someone suggest somewhere OTHER THAN Boots for these bottles. Theyre 2euro a pop and as a poor student cant afford 10 of these.
    Also where can I get the clear plastic bags u put the bottles in?
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

what do you need to take on board that has to be in 10 separate bottles????

this rule only applies to carry on luggage, you can pack your items as normal in your check in luggage.

the plastic bag can be got a the airport as there are restrictions on the dimensions of the bag, think it's 20cm x 20cm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

You get the plastic bags at the airport, can't help you with the bottles but remember they have to be under 100mls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭cinnamon

Cremo wrote:
    what do you need to take on board that has to be in 10 separate bottles????

this rule only applies to carry on luggage, you can pack your items as normal in your check in luggage.
    I am only bringing carry on luggage with me.
    I will be bringing shampoo, cond., facewash, sunblock, makeup, moisturiser, aftersun - so 7 (not quite 10)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

well, not to labour the point, but if the containers are over 100mls, you won't be able to bring them on, even in a plastic bag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

The body shop used to sell them don't know if they still do.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

gillo wrote:
    The body shop used to sell them don't know if they still do.

Nope they stopped years ago.

I got some in H&M cheaper than boots anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,503 ✭✭✭✭jellie

ive seen small 100ml size bottles of stuff like shampoo, etc in tesco & places, about a euro or so i think. Also saw a travel pack of all of lots of them in heatons for 6euro. thought theyd be handy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭cinnamon

thanks for the replies everyone. will have a look at these shops tomoro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 753 ✭✭✭havana

The chemist in Dublin airport has a whole section with toiletries in bottles just the right size. Think they were 2.95 each. Boots do alot of them too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

muji is the best place for that sort of thing. although they'll probably set you back about the same amount as boots, they're much better quality.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

Superdrug.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭squishywishy

Hairdressers supply shop on Middle Abbey St does loads of things like that....worth a shot and think its cheap enough....if not H & M def have them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

i got a multipack of these for about €2 in hector greys before - its beside the pound shop on liffey street

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

superdrug do them really cheap worth having a look

Advertisement