Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicklow Puppy Farm

Options
  • 23-06-2007 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭

In view of the appaling discovery earlier in the week I cant help but think that the penalties for such cruelty simply arent stringent enough :mad:

Whomever was responsible for this farm should be put behind bars for life imho, they'll probably end up with a 5k fine and be banned from owning animals for life....hardly suitable punishment.

Maybe the new minister for justice needs to be lobbied on this one!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

Life in prison?

Like that will happen, seeing as the maximum penalty for rape (which is rarely given) is 15 years

Hmmm, how about €1000 fine for every animal found on the premises.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I did not read about this puppy farm - I simply can not read about nasty stuff any more - hurts too much!

Going off topic slightly there should be stiffer penalties for all crimes! A man who rapes twice should be neutered! Solve the problem once & for all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭alphanine

I was just about to post a new thread in this section about that Wicklow puppy farm to express my absolute disgust about what happened there. First of all there should be a name and shame even though his or her well being seriously would be in jeopardy. Without doubt, a considerable jail term should be imposed and a big fine. Rarely does a news story upset me but this one made me feel ill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Our government has absolutely no interest in animal welfare in any respect in this country. I've seen some horrors in my time and every time the scum who inflict suffering on animals get away with it. If there were votes or money involved you can be sure they would change their tune but I'm sorry to say I wouldn't have expected any better from them tbh.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭andrawolf

Jail would be to good for these people. A whole fed crust of steal bread and water and left in there one waste sound more in what they have done to the dogs. it is noit on to treat animals in this why:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

any chance of a link to this story

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Let me remind everyone, as ever, to be vigilant against this sort of activity, but also not to give rise to a situation where I see the words "contempt of court" written all over a post.

Thanks,
    hulla.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Cheers hull, you beat me to it. Pixie19 banned!

Advertisement