Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom exess usage

Options
  • 23-06-2007 3:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

Anyone with Eircom who has download limits know if they charge for exceeding
    the d/l limit?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Colin Mac wrote:
    Anyone with Eircom who has download limits know if they charge for exceeding
    the d/l limit?
    I've never come across anyone being charged for exceeding the cap. The same goes for me, 2 months ago I exceeded it by 3GB but there was nothing about it in the phone bill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Colin Mac

rc28 wrote:
    I've never come across anyone being charged for exceeding the cap. The same goes for me, 2 months ago I exceeded it by 3GB but there was nothing about it in the phone bill.

Ok, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 kenny_ke

im after exciting mine this month by 22GB so far. do they charge for this kind of excess?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Moe Lester

i have gone over my limit a few times once but 50gb(dont ask).

never got charged for it. all my mates have the same never once heard of someone being charged for going over the limit.

which brings a question to mind if they dont care about people going over the limit why not advertise it that way as it is unlimited broadband.

one can only asume they are too lazy to check but hope people are too afraid to go over the limit to much so they dont get charged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

It doesn't seem like their usage statistics are accurate enough yet for them to start charging people for excess usage.

For example, two of the previous months listed in my stats show online time as something like double the total number of hours in a month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 cate

I have exceeded my limit 9 times out of the last 12 months. Usually by about 5GB, the highest has been 17GB. Eircom have yet to charge me excess and hopefully they never will or I will instantly change to BT (or someone else). Lets hope they stay this generous with their download limits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

the few times this has come up before, I do believe there were a couple of posts from people who have been charged.

I would imagine it's only a matter of time, before they start doing it across the board.

mind you, that's putting aside the fact that they no doubt have some small print in our contracts, whereby they have an indefinite amount of time to backcharge us, if it notion ever takes there fancy. :o

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

They'll probably limit ur connection to about 10kb down soon until it comes back in under the limits

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

hi, just a quick question.. I'm new to the whole BB... how do you guys see, how much usage your after going through for the month. I'm eircom 2mb by the way

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭mickzer

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

In the contract it says 3c per MB for excess over the download limit , if they do decide to charge , then a 23GB excess will cost you a whopping 690 euros.
    Given that this huge bill could arrive any day , I would be careful , they have charged before , see this !

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/archive/index.php/t-223820.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭Colin Mac

I've just checked my stats again. I'm gone 6153 MB over.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

How many threads like this do we have to have? Its almost as if people want Eircom to charge so that we can have more Eircom bashing. Anyways its only drawing peoples attention to something that is best left alone I think anyways.

Do people on here have a debt wish?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

just checked mine and i am 33gig over... damn

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

I used to work for a company that Eircom out-sourced most of there back-office to, And I found out that it would cost then to much money to monitor on on-charge over use to the customs.

So download freely (at least untill they sort out the rest of the crap going on in the back-office which is prob. be never :> )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

When I got my first bill it was 30 extra for boradban on average,Ws that for the DSL?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Seloth wrote:
    When I got my first bill it was 30 extra for boradban on average,Ws that for the DSL?

The first bill for all dsl providers is usually high because you pay in advance for the next month as well as a pro rata for the time you have been connected up to the date of the bill.

Advertisement