Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW recall

Options
  • 23-06-2007 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭

No offence to Bayerische Motor Werke users, but just saw this, I think it's great:

bmw-recall.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    zzzzzz, etc.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

HAHA that's great.

It's true about beemer owners though, a guy in work drives a 3 series and makes all his own rules about the road. He always parks in disabled spaces and regularly speeds and he doesn't give a damn. Only started doing it when he got the car aswell.

[pc brigade] Of course not all of the are like this [/pc brigade] but I will be a 3 series owner real soon so I'm gonna buck the trend :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Ah sure I may aswell stop using my indicator's now, thanks for the tip OP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

It's not a problem, it's a right, did you not realise that?:confused:;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

Elessar wrote:
    but I will be a 3 series owner real soon so I'm gonna buck the trend :D

Tell me, why are you buying a BMW?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Courtesy of Sniffpetrol:

With the launch of the acclaimed new 3-series, BMW has also revealed details of a sophisticated new electronics package that is aimed straight at the new car's core market. Dubbed Bellendtronic, the new system is fully integrated into the car's control systems and allows a range of functions including full disablement of the indicators, perilously late activation of the brakes and an adapted radar cruise control that allows the driver to sit 4mm from your back bumper in the outside lane of the M6.
    Amongst other neat touches, Bellendtronic can also apply light brake pressure at all times, covering the wheels in dust, something that will be a particular benefit if your fleet manager wouldn't let you specify alloy wheels and you want to disguise ugly plastic rim covers or the fact that if you weren't such an aspirational little twat you'd have gone for a rather better equipped Honda Accord. Initially Bellendtronic will be available on the forthcoming 316i and 318i models only, but the system is expected to become standard fitment for all models in the smaller 1-series range within a year.
    Other German makers are expected to follow BMW's lead, including Audi who is poised to make certain versions of the A4 available with a rival system dubbed 'Pushytwat Plus'.
    BMWWtronic.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I was behind anothe "buck the trend" 3 series driver on the M7 yesterday.

She, yes SHE, had the good sense to turn on her rear fogs in the heavy rain and was very comprehensive in her indicating. I found this strange until she turned off near Roscrea at which point I discovered that it was a woman driver.

just an observation to compliment these drivers....God knows BMW drivers need all the positive re-enforcement they can get!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

ninty9er wrote:
    God knows BMW drivers need all the positive re-enforcement they can get!!
    Your only jealous!! I have to say though BMW drivers do get a hard time from other road users, just try getting onto a main road from a side road or similar and you'd be left rot there, thank goodness for other BMW drivers, of which there are so many, they generally let their own out.;) :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭Elessar

Darragh29 wrote:
    Tell me, why are you buying a BMW?

To buck the trend, clearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

junkyard wrote:
    Your only jealous!! I have to say though BMW drivers do get a hard time from other road users, just try getting onto a main road from a side road or similar and you'd be left rot there, thank goodness for other BMW drivers, of which there are so many, they generally let their own out.;) :D

Don't you mean thank goodness we have the power and God given right to pull out in front of everyone else;)

• Advertisement

Pre-emptive "Its a joke" for the PC brigade

Its just you can't see our indicators when we are 1 inch from your rear bumper :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

colm_mcm wrote:
    Dubbed Bellendtronic,
    Class!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

junkyard wrote:
    Your only jealous!! I have to say though BMW drivers do get a hard time from other road users

I must be one in a million or something, never had any grief from other drivers in the BMW, however been driving an Evo lately and had nothing but g0bsh1tes up my arse, egging me on etc....

Either way I don't care, I get a comfortable, economical drive, it's all good baby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭cancan

junkyard wrote:

I'd say with your average bmw running poverty spec engines, people don't let them out so as not to be stuck behind your typical 316i, waiting the three years it takes to reach 60.

Always holding up little old ladies in micras.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

I have the opposite problem of drivers in non bmw's driving right up my arse to get a look at the badge and the exhausts and then try and pass out on the worst stretch of road possible (must be trying to prove something of which I don't know)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭littlejukka

i got a lovely few beeps from an E46 driver this evening as i pulled out of dunnes in cornelscourt. he was around 100 yards away in a 50 zone and without decreasing his speed it took him at least 3 seconds to get to where i passed him. how DARE i pull out in his visible range. gobsh!te.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 432 ✭✭Linford

I am recently new BMW owner (about 3 months) and the indicators are so loud and annoying that it encourages me not to use them :)

Advertisement