Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sports Psychology

• 23-06-2007 5:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I,m thinking of doing a diploma in sports pyschology, its more for personal development as oppossed to professional, as in my spare time I'm an endurance athlete. Just wondering has any one any recommendation in relation to introductory texts. Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 104 ✭✭martinl

Have a look at "NLP & Sports" (Joseph O’Connor)

I was in a similar situation a few years back, doing quite a lot of long distance running and getting more and more interested in the role of the mind in sports in general/long distance running.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

Cheers for that I will check it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DawnMc

Edinburgh University (don't know exact name) does the most recognised course I think. It's called Performance Psychology, apparently the Irish ones aren't as good (I've heard from someone who's doing it in Edinburgh but is from Ireland)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭Odysseus

DawnMc wrote: »
    Edinburgh University (don't know exact name) does the most recognised course I think. It's called Performance Psychology, apparently the Irish ones aren't as good (I've heard from someone who's doing it in Edinburgh but is from Ireland)

Cheers for that I'll check it out at some stage, but work has me doing stuff with Leeds Uni at the moment, so I had to postpone my plan.

Advertisement