Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to find a business partner in Ireland

Options
  • 23-06-2007 6:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Good afternoon

I have a question for you:
    How can I find a business partner in Ireland?
    I am from Poland and would like to find a custmer/business partner/production company/end user for brand new EPAL-EUR pallets

Where should I look for it?
    Are here any wood/pallet industry websites/forums in Ireland?
    Or other web services where I could put my ad?

Please help.

Thank you in advance
    peter

Greetings from Poland! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

selloPL wrote:
    Good afternoon

I have a question for you:
    How can I find a business partner in Ireland?
    I am from Poland and would like to find a custmer/business partner/production company/end user for brand new EPAL-EUR pallets

Where should I look for it?
    Are here any wood/pallet industry websites/forums in Ireland?
    Or other web services where I could put my ad?

Please help.

Thank you in advance
    peter

Greetings from Poland! :)

What do you want to do.Sell pallets to ireland from poland? Please explain abit more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 selloPL

drdre wrote:
    What do you want to do.Sell pallets to ireland from poland? Please explain abit more.

Yes, this is my idea for business.

There are many products beeing exported to ireland - not only from poland.
    Of course not everything but, as I heard, it is profitable to sell wood / wooden products. In fact I am checking this right now and it looks quite good. I think it is possible to get approx. 25-30% nett marigin on it (optymistic point of view). When we think about 500 pallets per truck/delivery it can be a reasonable money.

The biggest problem is to find a right place to put my ads or to find the right potential companies/partners to cooperate with. The second one is to find all regulations you have about pallets in ireland.

I am interdested only in new pallets with epal - eur certificate because it is widely accepted/used in EU and there should not be any missunderstandig beetwen me and the customer.

Probably I will set up a simple website for this as well.

Do you have any idea how to start this business?
    What is your opinion about it?

peter

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

contact logistics companies and big manufacturers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

Are you intending to establish a company in Ireland or sell into Ireland from a Polish company?

Or to ask in a different way - what would you like this Irish Business Partner to do?

Hello

Thank you for your answers and suggestions.
    My idea is to sell from Poland - prepare offers and shipements to ireland.
    So I am not planning to set up a new company in ireland.
    Business partner could be a company well oriented on the market which would look for orders for pallets. It could be also company from the logistic market which for example sells pallets and is interesting in buying from us(hopefully becouse of the good price).

Of course I understand that business partner would take some part of the profit but it would be easier for me to deliver to one company instead of many different companies. Second thing is that pallets from truck could be devided into smaller parts and delivered to smaller customers - this would not be possible to do from poland.

Another thing is safety of payments - again it easier to trust one partner than check every company and/or pay for payment insurance.

peter

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

Hi Peter

You should contact Peter Ennis of Universal Building Products
    He acts as a partner to many Polish companies
    www.glassblocks.ie and www.stonecladding.ie are some of his websites.

Thank you!

I will contact him when my offer is ready.
    Hopefully this will be a good begining of a nice business..

But I have to say that I am a little bit surprised that there is no website for wood industry in ireland... or I am just not able to find it.

Thank you again,
    any other comments are welcome.

peter

Advertisement