Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much for this bad boy?

• 23-06-2007 7:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭

http://www.ejriley.ie/pool/majestic.htm

Moving house soon and have me eye on a pool table and this baby would be perfect... Anyone know how much for the 6ft and 7ft versions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

GreenHorn wrote:
    http://www.ejriley.ie/pool/majestic.htm

Moving house soon and have me eye on a pool table and this baby would be perfect... Anyone know how much for the 6ft and 7ft versions?

I wouldnt say anymore then then €2,000.

I know its a pool table, but i have snooker cue i would sell you if your interested? Its perfect for pool as well, as its not to big in length:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭GreenHorn

Thanks for the offer, but I'm fine for a cue - would it really be less than €2k??

Hmmmm... food for thought indeed...

Also - what kind of clearance would I need around the table to be able to play comfortably?

Thanks again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Little-Devil

GreenHorn wrote:
    Thanks for the offer, but I'm fine for a cue - would it really be less than €2k??

Hmmmm... food for thought indeed...

I'm not exactly 100% sure, but my mate was looking at somthing similar a while ago when he moved into his house as well with riley, but he went for a poker table instead. Why not ring them and see quote they give or drop in durning the week.

Shame your not interested in the cue i was offering, would have improved your game lol.

Shame your not interested in the cue i was offering, would have improved your game lol.

I think the only thing that'd improve my game is a set of rasary beeds... :o

... or, failing that - a pool table in my kitchen! ha ha :D

Just to ask again, as the edit may have been missed in my first post - how much clearance is needed around a 6ft pool table to comfortably play without poking holes in the wall?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭armchairninja

a general rule of thumb is that you normally have between 5 and 6 feet of clear space all around the table, this allows for you to address the cue ball and not hit the wall or anything else while doing so.
    So if you had a snooker table for example:

Table - 12ft x 6ft so the total amount of space you would need for it would be 22ft x 16ft approx.

Hope this helps

EDIT: JUst double checked the link to the riley website there, and it actually tells you what overall clearance you need depending on the length of the cue you intend to use with the table

EDIT: JUst double checked the link to the riley website there, and it actually tells you what overall clearance you need depending on the length of the cue you intend to use with the table

:o Thanks for that - the oul eyesight isn't what it used to be!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

Just ring the lads in Riley and they will quote you, 'tis a great table the sister has the snooker version in her house, the ability to "rise and drop" the table for dining and snooker play is fantastic

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭armchairninja

GreenHorn wrote:
    :o Thanks for that - the oul eyesight isn't what it used to be!

getting the excuses in early for when ye start loosing are ye:p

Advertisement