Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what could replace eggs in baking ?

Options
  • 23-06-2007 8:39pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭

what could be used in scones, sponge cakes and such like ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

There's powder stuff you can get in health food shops. You mix it in with your flour and add water. I've used it before, works grand.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

It's called No Egg. We used it to bake for my 21st which was today. I type well for a drunk off my face man.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,758 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

thanks - will check it out

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

It's called No Egg. We used it to bake for my 21st which was today. I type well for a drunk off my face man.

A. Happy Birthday!
    B. I was convinced you were in your 40's!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

he he he! yes, i am the veagn cook. if you are stuck, a half a mashed up banana serves well in place of egg in cookie or pancake mixtures, where you just need the egg to bind. the powder is 'no egg', as said and will work to rise your cakes; it costs 3.50 and you add one tsp of the stuff with two tbsp of water/milk/juice to make an egg. sometimes you need to add more liquid to the miture. if you are making an equal sugar/butter/flour recipe and if you find i does not work vegan style i highly recommend adding more flour. best of luck!

fire away if you have anymore baking questions! note; i see that supercook's 100s and 1,000s has recently turned their recipe vegetarian! but watch out, there are some old packets about.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

ned78 wrote:
    A. Happy Birthday!
    B. I was convinced you were in your 40's!
    Thanks, a lot of people fall into two categories hen they meet me.
    1)They think that i am a girl, and a lesbian.
    2) They think I will be a guy, in my 40's, wearing a suit and carrying a briefcase.

Advertisement