Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

New LCD TV- Please Please help!!!

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭agentgreen

8T8 wrote:
    Yeah the Samsung LE-32S81B is one of the newer displays & has pretty much most of the latest features found on Samsung TV's. Dual HDMI ports which the LE-32S81B has is also quite recent so thats also a teller about the generation it belongs to.

Thanks a million man for all your help, I really apperciate it.

You seem to know your Samsungs, do you have one yourself? Do you recommend them? Like ever had any problems?
    8t8 wrote:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Yeah had a few Samsung's owned about 3 of them which I've sold off to others at various stages and just got a newer gen one. My current is that LE32N71B which was €1300 when i bought it & is now €949 but I'm still very happy with it.

Picked up info about them because in first gen Samsung LCD HDTV there was a v-sync bug so had to scour the net to find out why then found group with same problem then Samsung set us all the fix and I flashed the firmware of the TV and it was fixed (you also had option to send TV back), after that whole business picked up a fair amount of info on Samsung TV's.

In my own opinion they are good value TV's that have very nice picture quality with lots of inputs and a very reasonable price which is why I recommend them.

8T8 wrote:
    Yeah had a few Samsung's owned about 3 of them which I've sold off to others at various stages and just got a newer gen one. My current is that LE32N71B which was €1300 when i bought it & is now €949 but I'm still very happy with it.

Picked up info about them because in first gen Samsung LCD HDTV there was a v-sync bug so had to scour the net to find out why then found group with same problem then Samsung set us all the fix and I flashed the firmware of the TV and it was fixed (you also had option to send TV back), after that whole business picked up a fair amount of info on Samsung TV's.

In my own opinion they are good value TV's that have very nice picture quality with lots of inputs and a very reasonable price which is why I recommend them.
    Sound man, thanks a million. For all your help and recommending that telly for me....

Hi,

I was just about to buy the other telly when I saw this one on pixmania "Samsung LE32R88BD LCD Television," Its their number one selling TV I think, and its €22 more expensive than the Samsung LE-32S81B, only thing is I can't click into it to compare the specs.... Can anyone tell me is there much of a difference between these tvs and would I be better with the more expensive one?????????

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

The specs for almost all Euro Samsung TV's are always found on Samsung Germany so you can always look there for info. The UK site also carries the specs for the R88 series but they are sometimes wrong so go with the German one.

The LE-32R88BD is one of the very latest generation Samsung TV's and has improved brightness and contrast over the LE-32S81B, it also has a built in DVB-T tuner for digital over the air TV plus some other enhancements like a movie mode reverse pull down.

So if you can afford it then the LE-32R88BD is the one to go for.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

byte wrote:
    If your budget stretched, you could go for a 37" LCD for €680. Not sure how good or bad it is.

I personally would say get nothing smaller than 32" though that'd be up to how much space you have for the set. I'd suggest Panasonic, Sony or Samsung. However, LG aren't too bad either. Not so sure about Philips, I'd imagine their LCD's are better made than their CRT televisions.
    Anyone able to comment on that?
    I have a maxium 15-34 or 15-70 can't remember I am going to bring it back, the picture quality is all discoloured and try get my money back

Advertisement