Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vengeance: Night of Champions Predictions

• 23-06-2007 8:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

Yet another PPV is upon us. Hard to believe, but this one looks like it could have some entertaining matches. Here's what I see happening...

WWE Championship Challenge - John Cena vs Lashley vs Randy Orton vs King Booker vs Mick Foley

This will just be all-out action. I can't see Cena losing the title. I reckon Randy Orton will be kept strong so I don't see him getting pinned. Same with Lashley. I can see Umaga getting involved with Foley which will probably set up a match down the line. I think King Booker therefore will be the one pinned or made to sumbit by Cena.

World Heavyweight Champion Edge vs. Batista (Last Chance Match)

I can't see Edge losing, especially since Batista pinned Edge clean on Smackdown. Edge has gotten good matches out of Batista and I think this one will be fairly good too.

CM Punk vs. Chris Benoit for the vacant ECW World Title

Has the potential to be the best match of the night. I'm certain Benoit will win but I'm curious about what the finish will be. Interesting to see how the crowd will react too.

Intercontinental Champion Santino Marella vs. Umaga

Marella has been a flop so far in my opinion so I'm wondering if they'll continue supporting him. My hunch is that Umaga will win here.

United States Champion MVP vs. Ric Flair

Flair's role for a long time has been to put over new talent and I see that continuing. I think it will be a good match.

World Tag Team Champions Lance Cade & Trevor Murdoch vs. The Hardys

These guys have good chemistry together and it should be a fun match. Cade and Murdoch to retain.

Open Challenge for the WWE Tag Team Championship

Seems like the WWE just went 'Oh sh*t we forgot about these titles'. I suspect it will be the Major Brothers who challenge but I'm hoping it will be something like Finlay and Hornswoggle instead. Can you believe Finlay isn't on the card? Deuce and Domino to retain whoever they face.

Cruiserweight Champion Chavo Guerrero vs. Jimmy Wang Yang

This is another one that has the potential to be match of the night if given time. I think Yang will win here to shake things up.

Women's Champion Melina vs. Candice Michelle

Candice has improved a lot but I expect Melina to retain here.

Should be a good show. I'll probably make the effort to try and catch this on a stream somewhere.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

One company does not need 9 titles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

WWE Championship Challenge - John Cena vs Lashley vs Randy Orton vs King Booker vs Mick Foley

Can't see Cena losing the title. I think it will be a countout or something along those lines that sees Cena retaining

Edge to retain....please don't leave that belt *or any other belt for that matter* anywhere near Batista

Looking forward to this one, should be an interesting match. Benoit to win!

Santino seems to be going nowhere with the title, and I can't see him defeating Umaga unless by countout or DQ

MVP to retain, think he'll have the title for another while yet.

Don't think they'll go back to having the Hardys compete together on Raw and Smackdown every week. I think Cade & Murdoch will win and go on to feud with Londrick!

Heard that WWE are thinking of having Sgt. Slaughter and Jimmy Snuka (Deuce's adopted father) as there opponants, which could make for an interesting match.
    Deuce and Domino to retain

The CW division has really gone to s**t, I wanna see Yang winning this one to liven things up a bit.

I agree that Candice has improved, I don't want her to win the title....not yet anyway. Melina to retain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭JeanClaude

:eek: *shockhorror* Cena to retain. :D i've heard of the possibility Orton will take this one, not for me, the chaingang :rolleyes: to be jumping up and down come tomorrow night.:mad:

Verdict: Superman, oh, am sorry, i mean Cena.

Has to be Edge, Batista has to get out of the title picture for awhile. I presume he'll work a programme with Flair for few months, and we will continue with the Rated R era.

Verdict:Edge.

mmmmm *scratcheschin* I presume Benoit, cos he was drafted to boost ECW, but putting the strap on Punk wouldn't be a bad idea either, Benoit could then chase the title for awhile, nah forget it, Punk will be doing
    the chasing after tomorrow night.

Verdict: Benoit.

cup of tea time. *shakesheadaindisgust* honestly don't care. Hopefully quick and painless. The Fans just don't seem to have "warmed" to Marella, just too much (winning the I.C. title) too soon.After Marella loses tomorrow night, he'll be jobbing for Val Venus or Viscera on Heat, within a forthnight.:D

Verdict: Umaga.

Obviously MVP. Should be a decent enough match. MVP has just come off a great programme with Benoit and now he's lucky enough to be working with Flair. WWE have seen MVP's talent and potential they obviously have big things in mind for MVP, and of late he's justifing their faith in him.

Verdict: MVP.

This has been a decent feud of late, and i always look forward to any match the Hardys are in, just won't be there night.

Verdict: Cade and Murdoch.

I just don't like D&D's gimmick, their in ring abilities i have no problem with, just drop the gimmick. As for possible opponents, its anybodies guess??? if the spoiler posted earlier is correct.:rolleyes:

Verdict: D&D

Looking forward to this one, even if CW's don't get much TV time, strongly suspect a title change here.

Verdict: Jimmy Wang Yang.

Candice has been given a "push" of late with her run of victories v Melina (albeit one was a pudding match..:D ) but will they put the strap on her? i'm thinking not. So Melina to retain.

Verdict: Melina

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭triple h

CENA
    wwe champion ********** correct********
    EDGE
    world cmahpion ********* correct*******
    BENOIT
    ecw champ ************ X**********
    UMAGA
    inter. champ ( he should be wwe champ not inter champ) ****** X*******
    MVP
    usa champ ************* correct***********
    CADE & MURDOCH--tag team champs of raw ******* correct********
    MAJOR BROS
    sd tag team champs ********* X **********
    Melina
    womens champ ******** X **********
    RED NECK
    c w champ ************** X ************

I do not agree with vince--- i reckon wwe do need these 9 titles.

************ came back to see how i did ************* 4 out of 9 i got.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

Cena of course, who else? should be a good match, I expect to see Bobby Lesnar..oops lashley hit some sort of wacky spot on foley.

Edge hopefully to get over clean on batista and move on to someone new.

All eyes are on this match, punk has to pull it out here, could potentially be awesome if given long enough.

Umaga gets his belt back in a short short squash.

This is your f*ck finish for the nite, MVP to steal this one and the fued will continue.

The rednecks to retain, with matt on his way back to smackdown Id say this is the end of the hardys tagging for now.

With the threat of Major Brothers and Deuce and Domino being stuck in the ring at the same time, losers = us.

Should be a good match, chavo again to retain

*yawn* melina?

All in all looks to be a pretty fine ppv, will be catching this on a stream

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

god i hate the way cena gets to run with the title for so long.if there is a god mr.k will beat him for it.:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

One company does not need 9 titles.
    Agreed.

I don't see any titles changing hands except the IC belt, and Benoit getting the ECW title. There could be a few interesting matches, but as far as I'm concerned, it's all about Punk vs Benoit. In fact, that should be the name of the show!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

There has to be some title changes, so along with Benoit winning, I think the cruiserweight and IC title will change hands. It looks like Santino might be set up in a feud with Regal after Raw last week, so maybe it'll be Regal costing him the match. Should be some good matches, the Hardys and Cade & Murdoch haven't disappointed in any of their matches yet. I'm looking forward to Punk and Benoit the most

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Tricity Bendix

Seeing as how the WWE Tag Titles are being defended in an open invitational, I wouldn't be surprised if the Highlanders or Crime Time step up. I just can't see them using the Major Brothers on PPV. Well, I can, I just hope that they don't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Challengers for the SD tag titles
    Sgt. Slaughter & Jimmy Snuka are confirmed as the opponents of Deuce & Domino. Snuka, 62, is moving very badly backstage so the match is the subject of concern.

Rick Martel is also backstage and will likely be doing a cameo on tonight's show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Just take the strap off Cena already, even orton will do at this stage!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Of what is left I'll go with

MVP over Flair
    Whoever over Deuce/Domino
    Edge over Batista
    and Cena to lose - either to Lashley or Foley..... IT WOULD BE CLASS IF IT IT IS FOLEY!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,009 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

This was a really boring ppv till the Edge V Bastita. The main event was good too
    but the finish was disappointing

EDIT: I'm guessing some might regard that as a spoiler,
    Fozzy

Advertisement