Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

condensing boiler

Options
  • 23-06-2007 9:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭

im thinking of replacing my grant 70/90with a new vortex condenser boiler.
    im broke buying oil every year
    has anyone done this and whats the results?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭djmc

I would spend my money on insulation first at least 300 mm in attic and pump silver beads into walls
    Turn thermostate down a bit and have timer come on when needed eg If no one is home during the day have timer off.
    Also a wood pellet boilor might be worth thinking about as oil will go up in the future modern pellet boilers are very efficent and there good grants at the moment 4200 euro www.sei.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭lfcjfc

Assuming that after much consideration of heatpump, pellet boilers etc, the decision has been reached to go with a condensing oil boiler (piped gas not available), can anybody recommend a particular boiler from experience? Have had Worcester-Bosch recommended to me already.

Also, can anybody see an advantage in going for a heat-on-demand combi boiler rather than the traditional DHW tank sysytem?

Advertisement