Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

time for another Name That Part

Options
  • 23-06-2007 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭

what the hell is that the part that's like a little probe that goes into the airbox?

i bought a used airflow meter for my last car on the net and the seller threw it in and i don't know why it's related or what it does.

co-incidentally, my current car has the same probe and the wiring for it splays off the wiring for the airflow meter. for some reson it makes a clicking noise that you can hear in the cabin sometimes that only goes away when you fiddle with the wires.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I'll hazard a guess that it's an air temperature sensor, but that doesn't explain the clicking noise.

A pic would be helpful if you can manage it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

The clicking could be a loose connection somewhere if it goes away when you fiddle.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,651 ✭✭✭Captain Slow IRL

yeah, it should be an intake air temperature sensor if it's in the airbox - it shouldn't cause any sort of clicking in your cabin (I'm assuming it's a relay?)

what kind of car is it?!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

'98 A6 2.8 109k

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Mr.Diagnostic

cantdecide wrote:
    '98 A6 2.8 109k

Not every car has a seperate intake temp sensor but yours does.

• Advertisement
Advertisement