Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mk1 Golf GTi in plastic?

Options
  • 23-06-2007 9:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭

Does anyone know of a VW Golf GTi Mk1 plastic model?
    Scale doesn't matter or if it's a kit or ready-built but it should be the early model with smaller rear lights and right-hand drive.
    I've found a metal Solido one in 1/24 but I want to chop it about a bit, and I'm not too confident doing that to a metal model.

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Ciaran_Dub

Joe,

I know Fujimi make a mk1 Golf Gti in 1/24 scale plastic kit. Your biggest problem is trying to track one down! very very rare as far as I am aware.

Sorry I cant be more help.

Ciaran

• Closed Accounts Posts: 386 ✭✭Revelation Joe

Thanks Ciaran!
    I've found them on eBay from a supplier in Hong Kong, £15 plus postage which isn't too bad.
    He's got 1/24 mad Max Interceptors too. I can feel my wallet emptying as I type :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Ciaran_Dub

No prob Joe. Might I also suggest looking at either www.hlj.com, http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/ or www.rainbowten.com. These are all japanese companies I order my kits from and found them very reasonable in prices.

But I know that feeling of an emptying wallet. 30 or so unbuilt models sitting at home wife is going to kill me if I add anymore to the collection!!! My excuse is to pick a model up when i see it otherwise when i want it will be harder and more expensive to get!

Ciaran

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

hi there, im a model collector myself. I know that there was a Golf Mark I made in the late 70s/early 80s by AMT/matchbox but its the bog standard US spec Golf. The part number is PK 4I20. Its in I/25 scale. You could find one on ebay for sale. The Matchbox/AMT closed in I982 so I dont know if AMT kept on production of this kit or not.

Advertisement