Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeats?

Options
  • 23-06-2007 9:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭

Is there a deadline for submitting a registration to repeat exams? I've got absolutely no information from DIT about repeats and repeating the year, as usual, so I'm completely in the dark. All I know is that it costs €50.

What's the deal with repeating a year as well? Anyone know anything about the cost of repeating and how you go about repeating? The amount of information being given to students from DIT, from what I've experienced is appalling.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Enda89

They send you out your results in the post. The results are accompanied by an orange slip for you to fill out and apply for a place in the repeats. The fee is €55. The slip must be returned BEFORE 6th July 2007, or else there is a penalty of €60 immediatly, and an additional €30 for every month thereafter.

I know all this as I received the letter just this morning ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

It's roughly €4000 to repeat the year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

orla wrote:
    It's roughly €4000 to repeat the year.
    Is that for repeating everything? Is there reductions if you're repeating less subjects etc?

If you have to repeat more than 5 subjects then you've to pay the full amount, otherwise you'll pay half.

Thank christ. Thanks for the info.

• Advertisement

But in saying that it's done on a case by case bases with your tutor. I only had to pay half fee's because i did volunteer work with DIT and agreed to do it in my repeat year aswell.

Quick question now that you're on the subject...

I failed Economics and Maths when I got my results.

A) I heard a rumour that the repeat exams are marked out of 100%, and cont. assesment is done away with. Is this true?
    B) For example, assume the worst scenario happens and I fail Maths and Economics in the repeats. Are you telling me I could be forking out 4 grand? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Tails142

Enda89 wrote:
    Quick question now that you're on the subject...

I failed Economics and Maths when I got my results.

A) I heard a rumour that the repeat exams are marked out of 100%, and cont. assesment is done away with. Is this true?
    B) For example, assume the worst scenario happens and I fail Maths and Economics in the repeats. Are you telling me I could be forking out 4 grand? :eek:

Only if you want to go to the lectures, you can repeat externally in which case you just pay the registration fee for sitting the exams like everyone else in november whenever it is.

Depending on the class size you may also be able to attend the lectures without paying the fee and then just tell the exam office that you're repeating externally... depends whether you're one of the nameless many or the lecturer will spot you

Enda89 wrote:
    They send you out your results in the post. The results are accompanied by an orange slip for you to fill out and apply for a place in the repeats. The fee is €55. The slip must be returned BEFORE 6th July 2007, or else there is a penalty of €60 immediatly, and an additional €30 for every month thereafter.

I know all this as I received the letter just this morning ;)
    Go DIT! Still no slip in the post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 metoyou

the deadline is the 13th of july... not the 6th!!!

late registraton is the 27 of july!

:)

• Advertisement

well the slip I got was the 6th. It was for Aungier Street though, maybe you go to another DIT? :S

There was no address to send the thing to either, so I just posted it to "Exam Board, DIT, Aungier St, D2". I'm sure it will find its way to where its supposed to go soon enough

Advertisement