Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Drive-time talk radio sweepstakes

• 24-06-2007 12:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Which is your poison?

RTE Drivetime, Today FM the Last Word or Newstalks Right Hook.

For me its traditionally been Last Word but I find I'm spending more time with George Hook, only listen to RTE during the 20 mins home in the car and thats cos the FM receiver amp is borked!

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,929 ✭✭✭raven136

last word all the way but it takes a hit if Cooper is off on holidays.I find Anton Savage nearly as annoying as his mother:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

DCAL for me. Not of much benefit in avoiding traffic but strangely soothing to know that the entire city is gridlocked and some people are worse off than you in their journey times. Also usually a good few tunes sprinkled in the mix & you can get your name called out when you send in a text about traffic, which is a major thrill.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

The Last Word...usually Matt Cooper only takes 2 weeks, never months like the RTE presenters...so we should only have to put up with guest presenters for so long!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭jhegarty

I've moved from the last word to hook recently.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,824 ✭✭✭robo

jhegarty wrote:
    I've moved from the last word to hook recently.....

Why did you move? Just wondering cos I did the opposite move about 2 years ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Dave Fanning when he was on 2FM :( sometimes catch him on Radio 1.

If I am listening to the radio at that time, it will be The Last Word.

I hate George Hook.

Does morning Drivetime also count?

AMKelly if I am up that early or else Ian Dempsey.

D'arcy isn't that good but then neither is Ryan (I am kind of glad that Ryan gets a long holiday even if he is being replaced by Whealan.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Hook for me. I can't stand Matt Cooper and I don't like RTE's offering since Rachel English left. I very much enjoy Moncrieff before Hook, so it just runs into it well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Matt Cooper has taken on an unhealthy obsession with Michael McDowell, everytime something is being discussed regarding justice in the new government he always finds a way to bring him into the converstation even if it's not related such as snide little comments that he may think are funny.
    It really bugs me and is a shame because I usually like listening to him but I'm getting more and more turned off him as this carries on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

raven136 wrote:
    last word all the way but it takes a hit if Cooper is off on holidays.I find Anton Savage nearly as annoying as his mother:mad:

:o Go on..... tell???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

Terry Prone, isn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭RadioRetro

raven136 wrote:
    I find Anton Savage nearly as annoying as his mother:mad:
    LilySavage_222x278.jpg
    And it's a mix of Hook and Dempsey for me, now that Rachel's gone RTE Radio 1 is a nono.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

tbh wrote:
    Terry Prone, isn't it?

aaah... should hve known that... nepotism is alive and well out in Montroseland.

It's certainly not personality and charisma.

Jaysus... RTE1 should be re-named as RTE Bland..... Anton Savage- Derek"Ayem the Fyynest" Davis..Lorcan Murray... Damien O'Reilly... no closet members of the "Anarchy and Revolution Party-Khomeni Cumainn" there I would opine.

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Does Anthony Savage take over from Cooper on Today FM or Mary Wilson on RTE.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭Overlord

Matt Cooper is annoying as hell. He's interested in a good argument rather than finding out the truth. It's like he's trying to annoy the interviewee constantly with idiotic questions. Hook is the least annoying of the lot. I think Mary Wilson is a bit out of her depth.

I think Matt Cooper is great. What you see as being argumentative, I see as not letting politicians away with spouting glib soundbites they don't think will be questioned - Dick Roach in particular.

I must admit tho, I hate the way he says "noooos" for "news" and beeyouupa" for "bupa".

mike65 wrote:
    during the 20 mins home in the car and thats

it only takes you 20 mins to drive home? Man, now I know why you are so chipper all the time ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Heh!

Cooper does pose some really stoopid questions it must be said, he's fallen into that trap which many media hacks do of beliving that if he pitches a query at the most basic level it will elicit a "response for dummies" reply covering all bases and providing a jump off for the next question.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

The last Word i think is the best evening drive time show, i cant bear hook's voice and mary wilson hasn't a clue what's going on, Matt Cooper is doing very well when you consider he comes on after a music show while the others are talk based shows.

Advertisement